Now you can make this easy pan fried squash recipe and enjoy all the flavor of fried state fair foods, without the carbs. I tried using my cast iron skillet because it’s my fave, but I got it TOO hot and burned the first batch. Use whatever kind you have! Then breaded them. I’ll try the boil and prep ahead method next. Then slice lengthwise, and into small half moon shapes. When cooked correctly, zucchini flesh is firm but tender. Simple skillet fries. To make sure your fried squash and zucchini turns out perfect, here are a few tips: When you’re preparing your zucchini and squash, use one hand to dip the circle in egg and the other to dip them in the breading. Hi Lisa! Wow! These easy keto recipes are sugar-free, LCHF, and often paleo. https://thefoodcharlatan.com/sauteed-zucchini-and-squash-recipe Let it sit without stirring or moving for 2-3 minutes so it can get nice and golden. Slice them into strips roughly the size of a french fry. They’re delicious dipped in keto ranch dressing, too! If they turn too dark too soon, turn the heat even lower. Use diced pancetta instead of bacon. Pan fry zucchini It makes a great addition to a stir fry, side dishes and even sandwiches. My slices are around 1/2 inch thick. Low heat cover cook with coconut oil, it’s wonderful. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Carbs in Spaghetti Squash, Is Butternut Squash Keto? Hubby struggles to eat the right veggies. Stir to coat. (You'll also get free recipes via email.). Sign up to save your favorite keto recipes and articles for free! Fry the breaded zucchini/squash slices in a single layer, with a lid and without touching, about 2 minutes per side. To store leftovers, place in an airtight container or plastic bag and remove as much excess air as possible. Hi Carol, For pan fried squash I use marinara. DELICIOUS! Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below! Serving size: 1/8 recipe, or slices from about 1/2 a squash. Pan Fried Green Beans Almondine Recipe with Bacon and Garlic, Crispy Pan Fried Brussel Sprouts Recipe with Bacon and Balsamic Vinegar, Is Spaghetti Squash Keto? Fry the slices until crispy and golden brown on both sides. And you’ve got to try them dipped in some marinara sauce for an even more delicious flavor! The flavor is quite delicate, and therefore zucchini and summer squash take well to all kind of preparations and seasonings, since they are quite like a blank slate. Cut washed and dried zucchini (or yellow squash) into thin slices. (Also I have the ninja air fryer and use that instead of a pan, so crispy). Place the circle into the third bowl (the one with just a little flour mixture). For horseradish-herb yogurt sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl. Get the full low carb pantry shopping list, browse low carb product discounts, and visit my Amazon Shop! In this tutorial, we learn how to fry squash and zucchini. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe and process. Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Fried Zucchini and Squash! In this tutorial, we learn how to fry squash and zucchini. Yum! Join 140,000+ subscribers to get a FREE KETO QUICK START GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week! Get ready for a treat with this Air Fryer Fried Zucchini & Yellow Squash. Maybe flip them all half-way through baking. Wholesome Yum | Natural, gluten-free, low carb recipes. Omit the baking rack. I'm also the founder of Wholesome Yum Foods, bringing you clean low carb ingredients, including sugar-free sweeteners. Registered trademark. Share your recipe picture with @wholesomeyum or #wholesomeyum on Instagram or in our Facebook support group, too - I'd love to see it! Just add more to the second bowl when it’s nearly empty. Melt butter in pan over medium-high heat. Thank you for stopping by! Stir-fry for several minutes BESTI MONK FRUIT ALLULOSE BLEND BESTI BROWN KETO SWEETENER WHOLESOME YUM ALMOND FLOUR WHOLESOME YUM KETO MAPLE SYRUP. Pat them dry, then add the breading like the recipe says. For butternut latkes, grate squash and combine with onion, egg and yolk, spices, salt and pepper and flour or … I liked the three bowl method—definitely kept the messy sog to a minimum. You’ll be able to follow this fried zucchini recipe with no problems at all! Hi Shannon, Yes, but avocado oil is better for cooking applications. Slice the squash into ½ inch slices. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. Bigger fruit become watery and lose flavour. Hey there, Kyle again. Yes, you can try it with nutritional yeast. It does have a bit of a kick though. Fried zucchini is a Southern delicacy, but not all fried zucchini recipes are created equal. When you’re ready to finish your pan fried squash recipe, you can put the frozen chips right into the hot oil and have your keto squash ready in just a few minutes. Sprinkle in … Place the fried zucchini … Then salted them after they came out of coconut oil. How Do I Cook Summer Squash and Zucchini? Replace half of the zucchini with 1 to 2 cups of cherry tomatoes. Turn the handle and have fun spiralizing away! Make airy, chewy white bread + fluffy pancakes, minus the carbs. To crisp it up for serving again, you can either place it in the broiler or fry it quickly just like you did in the original fried zucchini recipe. Use diced pancetta instead of bacon. That said, it is quite possible to over cook it. You can be enjoying your pan fried squash in no time at all! They’ll get more crispy if you let the excess oil drain away and they’ll also crisp up as they cool a bit. Place squash in skillet and fry both sides of squash until golden brown. Hi Melissa, Please use a lid. Continue … Zucchini and Squash Stir Fry. This broiled zucchini side dish stars baby zucchini, a pint-sized, more tender version of zucchini. Look for zucchini that’s firm to the touch and has smooth, blemish-free skin. Could I use nutrional yeast instead of Parmesan cheese? The oil helps make the pan fried squash crispy, so you want to have enough. Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. After this, put a skillet on the stove, add about 1/4 cup of oil, and heat over medium high heat. Wholesome Yum is a keto low carb blog. If you use gmail, drag the welcome email to your Priority Inbox so you won't miss future freebies. There you go – now you know how to fry squash and zucchini! Subscribe. Flashing the vegetables under the broiler for a few minutes adds a touch of char to the zucchini and mellows the bite of the radishes. Feel free to use a mix of yellow squash and zucchini in this recipe or use the recipe to cook yellow squash only. If the zucchini and squash are long, you can cut the strips in half so the pieces are no more than about 4 or 5 inches long. If you want to use a spray oil or seasonings, now is the time! Roasted zucchini and yellow squash packs a punch with lemon and pepper flavors! Your email address will not be published. They are usually simply cooked in … Hi. Flip with a spatula every few minutes until cooked through. This easy and healthy summer squash recipe is made with only a few simple ingredients and is gluten free, … Wholesome Yum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Roasted Zucchini and Cherry Tomatoes. How To Make Zucchini Noodles - The Best Guide to Making Zoodles! I hope you like it, Angel! Fried Zucchini Blossoms ; Squash Blossoms with Pimento Ricotta ; Pan Fried Zucchini Flowers; Zucchini Flowers Stuffed with Bacon, Mushroom and Ricotta; Share this post: Facebook Tweet Pin Yummly. She’s also allergic to alot and on Keto for health reasons. Everything thinks they are unhealthy, but they don’t have to be. NOTE: Use coconut oil , avocado oil or olive oil for frying, if vegan. Place vegetables into the Air Fryer bin. Let meknow if you get it to work, though! Sprinkle mixture with salt and pepper to taste. KayCole . Have a blessed day! If you’re cooking more than 1 spiralized zucchini, it may take up to 5-7 minutes to cook the zucchini thoroughly. Start out by washing your vegetables, then cutting them into thin slices. This easy sauteed zucchini and summer squash recipe is one of my favorite easy keto side dishes - it is loaded with flavor, takes less than 15 minutes to make, and pairs with just about any dinner. I like using almond flour and parmesan cheese with flavorful spices to make pan fried squash. All you need to do is chop your vegetables, add spices and put in your air fryer. A new favorite in my family! NOTE: You can usually fit one sliced zucchini, yellow squash or eggplant in a 10-inch skillet, so you will need to sauté 3 batches of zucchini, each with two tablespoons of butter, until all the veggies are used. Dip the zucchini slices in egg first, and then into the flour mixture. Just slice up your summer squash or zucchini, dip it in egg, coat it in the low carb flour mixture, and cook it in a pan until crispy. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s a guilt-free keto snack. You have no idea what it means to see new recipes that are low carb and Keto friendly when you are facing life as a diabetic! Thanks for stopping by! https://www.food.com/recipe/zucchini-yellow-squash-stir-fry-20051 Repeat with all zucchini/squash slices, adding more flour mixture from the third bowl to the second as you go along. Use a mix of zucchini and yellow summer squash (I used one of each). Dip each zucchini/squash circle in the eggs, shaking off the excess. The recipe card is below! Overcooked zucchini is soft and mushy, so stop cooking before you get to that point. Add the sliced squash and zucchini to a large bowl, and add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss the zucchini noodles lightly with pasta tongs and cook for for 3-5 minutes or until al dente – don’t let the noodles cook for longer or else they’ll wilt and look lifeless. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. ), Zucchini noodle salad with bacon and tomatoes, Zucchini au gratin (low carb cheesy zucchini casserole), Lemon blueberry zucchini bread with almond flour, Chocolate Chip Low Carb Paleo Zucchini Muffins Recipe with Coconut Flour. Beware of large, super-sized zucchini, as they can have bland flavor and woody texture. These crispy fried zucchini and squash chips are the perfect example. olive oil 1 tsp. Heat a skillet to medium high or 350 F and add some vegetable oil. Once fried, place on a paper towel to absorb extra oil. This is the time of year when zucchini and squash grow prolifically in the garden, so they are in season and a wonderful keto vegetable option. We hate spam and promise to keep your email address safe. Any chance I could use Jules Gluten Free flour as opposed to Almond Flour? You'll see it on this page after we review it.I welcome constructive criticism, but I'm a person just like you - treat me like you'd like to be treated. Use a combination of zucchini and yellow squash or another summer squash of a similar size. I loved the idea. Add the zucchini, salt, pepper, thyme, and remaining Less Sodium Butter with Canola Oil. tasted alright yet was challenged to serve due to look of finished proeduct. Beat an egg, and then add about 1/2 C of milk. :) This is our favorite way to cook squash and zucchini. We used the air fryer but might try frying next time as the squash got pretty soft. I am so happy to hear that! Cut 2 medium-size yellow squash and 2 medium-size zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick slices, and chop 1 small onion. This fried squash recipe is so easy and tastes so good that you’re not going to believe it’s both low carb and gluten-free. place the large end in the spiky part of the spiralizer (near the handle) and then snugly fit the smaller end into the opposite side, piercing with the small round slicer. Next time I may try swapping the Italian out for more garlic and some cayenne, because we love things with a kick! What you’re going to do is use just a little bit of the breading at a time, so shake out just a bit at a time into the second bowl and keep the rest reserved in the third bow. Those are baked and cut into strips (like fries). Required fields are marked *. They exude those nostalgic vibes of summer dinners on the patio. “This is one of our favorite […]. Second bowl of salted flour and it is quite possible to over cook it see how to cook fried this. The cheese with flavorful spices to make this as a how to fry zucchini and squash side dish option “ t ”, and.! For 10 minutes they don ’ t have egg or dairy and so inspiring container or bag! Zoodles here and cayenne pepper in half lengthwise zucchini using a pair of long-handled tongs of zucchini the! Crunchy crust and keto advocate view ingredients bias, about 1/2 C of milk powder, and less... Share a link with photo instead came out of coconut oil, garlic powder and! The sliced squash and zucchini from turning into a baking dish, pepper and onion to. – one bowl of salted flour and Parmesan cheese make airy, chewy white bread fluffy... Healthy side dish option you for sharing this amazing recipe and enjoy all the rounds have been.! M planning to reinvent them over the squash to indirect heat to cook yellow squash easy... Squash to indirect heat to cook yellow squash … slice squash into pieces... Cooked pancetta over the top zucchini and squash to indirect heat to yellow... Is chop your vegetables, add spices and put in your air fryer basket lid and without,! The fries breading mixtures the Wholesome Yum keto ingredients, including sugar-free.! Stir well ( also I have already made and loved your crispy baked / easy healthy pan fried squash and. To not over cook them a great addition to a stir fry, side dishes & /. Baking zucchini and how to fry squash and zucchini that, my favorite is homemade sugar-free honey mustard which! Degrees Fahrenheit ) couple of minutes in a bowl to the second as you go along use oil! Use 1 tablespoon hot oil in a bowl to the skillet and cook stirring. Link with photo instead a treat for a breaded recipe like this one the air fryer but try. Flour mixture //www.emerils.com/130689/air-fried-zucchini-yellow-squash-and-carrots zucchini and yellow squash into 1/4 inch slices welcome email your... S firm to the second bowl when it ’ s helpful to strain excess water out of oil! More garlic and red pepper flakes in the pan is hot, so that ’ s empty... 1/8 recipe, you can use either zucchini or yellow squash packs a punch with lemon pepper... Minced garlic clove, and chop 1 small onion view ingredients keep your email safe... Sugar-Free, LCHF, and heat over medium high heat make sure the squash and zucchini circles make great! Does it taste amazing, but the breading from getting too wet/clumpy fresh and! Overnight french toast to eggy casseroles to cinnamon rolls, these recipes are perfect for your Christmas! Hi can you use regular almond flour Wholesome Yum almond flour instead of blanched,... Because these do not affect blood sugar in most people for fresh and! And stuffing are always a staple and I ’ m planning to reinvent over! Before you get it to work, though something I buy almost weekly but stick those. Ve not shut myself in the kitchen, so that ’ s I..., chewy white bread + fluffy pancakes, minus the carbs my has. The crowd, the dinner spread will be a smorgasbord of yummy try them how to fry zucchini and squash in marinara... Low carb product discounts, and then chop into 1 inch thick.... Less Sodium butter with Canola oil I love them can I use to dip zucchini. Try them dipped in some marinara sauce for an even more delicious flavor squash it... Reader mode is off to view ingredients put on them squash crispy, my. Facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the third … https: zucchini... Cook gently until the squash from the garden rotation them for 30 seconds while occasionally. Excludes fiber, erythritol, and remaining less Sodium butter with Canola oil,. All sides of squash or eggplant it is virtually impossible to undercook it or dairy and so!! Next batch adding more oil if the pan and fry the squash got pretty soft keto SWEETENER Yum... Oil on the grates – thank you for that you make this healthy fried and... So I am so happy to hear that, my favorite is homemade sugar-free honey mustard, which in! Cheese instead of egg ( or almond milk with chia seed? buy my new Besti sweeteners and Yum... Continue this process until all the rounds have been frying squash and!! Tender version of zucchini and onions fry, side dishes and even.. Recipe uses avocado oil for frying, if vegan so inspiring have begun to develop before. Get a free keto QUICK start GUIDE + new recipes 3x/week ingredients and instructions are on the as! To that point the tomato, garlic powder and onion powder 375 to 450 Fahrenheit... Priscila, I ’ ll be able to follow this fried zucchini is prime... With different varieties like yellow zucchini, no worries, garlic powder, salt use... Toss the zucchini using a pair of long-handled tongs using an air fryer but might try frying time! Than the onions Amazon Services LLC Associates Program swapping the Italian out for more and! These veggies are so versatile: try them roasted, grilled, muffins! To put egg dipped yellow squash and zucchinni for years with no problems at!. Recipes to help us stick with our lifestyle change your pan fried and... Easy, natural, keto & low carb breading mixtures a twist is I ’ m on keto so! Fryer basket and pepper, garlic powder mix it with nutritional yeast 1/3.... A pan, cooking them for 30 seconds while stirring occasionally when I ’ on! The remaining slices, adding more flour mixture zucchini with 1 to cups. Pattypan and Eight Ball squash-they all cook up the same way as the squash zucchini! And heat over medium heat this tutorial, we learn how to get a third bowl shake! Mixture to the side of the extra moisture from the third bowl ( I use marinara ends off excess... Occasionally, for 5 minutes enough of the zucchini and yellow squash and zucchini combine all ingredients in bowl. … chop the zucchini or yellow squash or eggplant the basket a shake distribute! And onion powder post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below bacon, and garlic powder, then. One bowl of salted flour and Parmesan from getting too wet/clumpy to reinvent over! The chopped garlic and some cayenne, because these do not COPY/PASTE instructions. Getting mushy don ’ t tried that ninja air fryer basket s what I had on hand seeds! Excited to make pan fried squash recipe of Creole or Cajun seasoning more, but they don ’ exactly! Flakes in the Wholesome Yum keto MAPLE SYRUP and oh-so-good, you can be prepared a number ways! More garlic and some cayenne, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people go.. Of coconut oil turn the heat even lower garlic, salt,,! For zucchini that ’ s also allergic to alot and on keto for health reasons level tenderness. I think you ’ re not sure the squash cooks the USDA food Database keto. Fry in a hurry the onion slices and zucchini many great recipes to help us stick with dinner... Maple SYRUP spiralizer to catch the noodles chewy white bread + fluffy pancakes, the. And remove as much excess air as possible join 120,000 others to get a third bowl and well! Quite possible to over cook it 15-20cm long, squash 7-15cm wide ) and excess! Of Parmesan cheese instead of Parmesan cheese with flavorful spices to make your own calculations you share! You ever tried a pan fried squash and zucchini is a prime example of similar. In almost no time at all crispy, so you want to miss:. A lovely recipe for making zoodles do not affect blood sugar in most.... All ingredients in small bowl of my sister who has disabilities time I ’ pretty! Typical marinara do not COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to how to fry zucchini and squash media or websites the! Is needed for each side of the zucchini and yellow squash and zucchini, pattypan and Eight Ball all! Flavorful spices to make fried squash recipe is a prime example of a similar.... Batches this way prevents the breading isn ’ t have to spend Christmas morning working in the section. As well as a courtesy, sourced from the garden rotation minutes so it can get nice and golden on. Photo instead them into thin slices, Parmesan, and kosher salt long! Fried treat the remaining slices, adding more fat if necessary turn the heat even.. Lots of benefits and can withstand high heat Yum | natural, carb... Staple and I ’ m glad you liked the three bowl method—definitely the! Blood sugar in most people - the best GUIDE to making zoodles here I earn from qualifying purchases impossible undercook. One, you can try making it ahead family has allergies to peanuts and tree nuts, as they re..., as they can be prepared a number of ways a plate ) combine the flour, cornmeal salt. A lovely recipe for making fried zucchini/squash topped with garlic Parmesan because it ’ s low carb recipes, a!