$14,560 - $36,488 MSRP Range. Have completed the voice recognition set up multiple times over the past 2 years, and continue to have issues with voice recognition. ", "Stick light flickers when headlights are on", "Cruise control light flickering at night", "lighted switch kept flashing on and off randomly", "I needed a new battery, so a few things werE not working like the back up lights and camera. In addition, you cannot get the door open!!! The GPS system was replace and now every thing is working correctly. door ajar, hood open", "It would not start - the dashboard said steering wheel locked and ignition on but could not shift gears. They did not install it at an angle or install any kind of sun shield to remove the glare. 2016 Toyota Highlander LE. I have redone the voice pattern setting, tried alternate commands, altered speaking speed and clarity. After several trial and error fixes, they finally replaced the front axle and many of the connected components. How Do I Reset Tire Pressure TPMS Light on Toyota Highlander (2007-2021) – The Highlander is an SUV from the Toyota brand. Squeaks, rattles, wind noises, loose or cracked seals and/or weather-stripping, air and water leaks. one of their employee said he heard but I was told later he did not. Reactivate now you have a loyal lifetime customer here. It happens when I'm driving. The Highlander Hybrid has 4 generations and we'd recommend avoiding the 1st generation which runs from 2006–2007. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. Toyota will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, connect the wire harness to the sensor, free of charge. We stopped the car and when we started it again the ESP did not work. It ended up that it was a blown fuse. Find recalls by VIN. After driving our new Highlander we began noticing a loud pop sound and accompanying bump when stopping. I understand why the driver shouldn't be able to do this, but the passenger is able to safely make adjustments. An incorrect label may lead an owner to overload the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. ", "The radio would jump from station to station. Toyota said it was common problem but I went in after warranty had expired and had costly repair", "Well, it turns out that the whole idea is seriously flawed. Table 1 shows three common electrical system related problems of the 2016 Toyota Highlander. 2016 Toyota Highlander problems (1) View all. Only occasionally will it require a restart on the radio. ", "AM reception is totally unsatisfactory. I could not also drive it until I got the new battery, because it kept not cranking. When purchased the data was 13 mo out of date. Due: Description: 5,000 Miles : 4 items to Inspect, 1 item to Rotate : Details: 10,000 Miles : 4 items to Inspect, 1 item to Rotate, 1 item to Replace, 1 item to Change fluid ", "The rear light housing developed a moisture leak", "The cruise control stalk light was flashing at night. So if you go on vacation, forget about driving your car home from the airport because you will not be able to get into the car, much less start it up", "The vehicle shuts off as soon as you open the car door. Mar 2017. Report a problem with your vehicle, tires, car seats or other equipment. We review every problem as we work to keep our roads safe. Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger, timing chain or timing belt. A 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum Trim Gap on the Passenger Side: Many 2013-2016 Highlander owners hear a whistling wind noise in the passenger area at high speeds (usually starting at around 40 mph). Toyota Highlander in Texas, United States. Find auto repair near me; Troubleshoot a car problem; Ask a Toyota Highlander … Required dealer to make computer adjustment. ", "entire e-tune radio system had to be replaced under warranty", "Poor reception especially on AM band. Cannot carry on a conversation . How Do I Reset Tire Pressure TPMS Light on Toyota Highlander (2007-2021) – The Highlander is an SUV from the Toyota brand. Learn what owners have to say and get authentic consumer feedback before buying your next car. Here are some common problems and complaints about the Highlander as reported by owners to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall. 2016 Toyota Highlander problems (1) View all. I would tell Toyota each time I went for oil change. Finally, after I complained about the “thumping” noise coming from the right front suspension, the dealer replaced the defective strut along with a alignment. Was covered under warranty although I was slightly over warranty period.". The car (purchased 12/16) has been back to the dealership several times for repair and the noise still exists. The current Toyota Highlander generation began with the 2014 model year. Design problem. The system does not match the performance of my portable Garmin Nuvi", "doe not give you the shortest or fastest direction, fidelity of the screen makes it impossible to see street level unless you zoom all the way in", "Out of date map card. Bluetooth), voice control commands, steering wheel controls, portable music device interface (e.g., iPod/MP3 player), backup or other camera/sensors. Gear selector or linkage, leaks, transmission computer, transmission sensor or solenoid, clutch adjustment, rough shifting, slipping transmission. We don't expect this issue for a brand new vehicle.". All of these hitches will work well for towing the 2,100 pound tent trailer but the most popular option is the Curt hitch # C13200 so it is a great choice. They stay oriented to where tru north is always and so to negotiate a direction looking a", "There is one word that fully describes the GPS, AWFUL. of 2016 Toyota Highlander owners. TOYOTA stepped up and did the right thing. ", "Rotors installed incorrectly at manufacture", "Rotors needed to be replaced at 60000 miles because they could not be turned within limits. Get reliability information for the 2015 Toyota Highlander from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The Highlander Hybrid ranks 25th in reliability out of 38 Toyota models.Its overall PainRank ™ of 15.53 is based on relative complaint analysis from 122 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 15 model years.. The ECM damage may result in the engine stalling, increasing the risk of a crash. Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Highlander … Took it in to the Toyota dealer and was told nothing could be done because it was a "design issue." There are 54 complaints filed for the 2016 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. Summary: Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing (Toyota) is recalling certain model year 2016 Highlander … "Within two months of owning the vehicle, my Blind Spot Monitor error light came on. to help you make better choices for life’s big moments and the everyday ones in between. 4.8 out of 5 stars. AM sound quality very poor, much worse than 2001 Maxima it replaced. Its appeal lies in its functional, family-friendly nature, frugal gas mileage, consistently good reliability, and good manners. The owner comments describe problems respondents experienced with this vehicle. Had to have it replaced", "When they replaced the head gasket it leaked oil had to replace". The problem was eventually identified by one of the dealer in Georgia and they worked with Toyota to fix it. ", "Drain was not connected for moonroof at factory and it leaked when raining. When the system decides on a route it keeps wanting to take you back to that route or highway even though you have chosen or forced to take a differen route; for example in a case where there are two or three options for a bridge crossing or border crossi", "The entune system is only fully compatible with nom apple phones. Find recalls by VIN. Then this feature stopped and I have tried reinstalling my phone and I can't get it to work again", "The Radio will not pair and sometimes lock up the unit all together. When I first brought it to the dealer’s attention, the service technician stated he could not find any problems with the front suspension. Dealer says this is normal", "While driving an indeterminate amount of time (usually more than 10 minutes) the screen on my infotainment system would go black and then reboot itself within 5 minutes. Transmission rebuild or replacement, torque converter, clutch replacement. I would have to power cycle the Radio sometimes multiple times to get it to work. I did call the company and complain but they said they did not have enough complaints to warrant a fix or recall. Most miles are on highway. ", "Squeaking rear shocks/struts/suspension", "squeaks all the time. Unsubscribe any time. I worked with the local dealer and they recommend I reduce the volume on the phone and on the stereo. ", "Switch was bad - took three trips to dealer to get it fixed!! Toyota is recalling roughly 7,100 Highlander crossovers from the 2016 model year to address a problem that could diminish the vehicle's braking power. Major problem if using GPS", "Frustrating that the screen goes blank and then appears to reset itself after 30 seconds. Wasn't obvious it was a battery problem due to erratic car behavior when attempting to start. we have 6 Toyotas, and are considering a suv in the near future. Took 2 days to troubleshoot and repair. I think Toyota isn;t able to successfully do electronics. 2018 Toyota Highlander problems (0) View all. I have never had an in dash navigation system that does NOT mute the radio when it is talking to you", "The voice command system responds poorly. Dealer is unable to resolve this issue after multiple visits", "I used to be able to get text messages on my car display (when car is stopped ) and read to me out loud. Close against top weather-stripping/seal parking lot and took a Small chip out of clear. Saying 4WD not working right placement over the inaccurate label, free of.. Tried alternate commands, altered speaking speed and clarity not been doing. `` it, but it back... Quiet inside strut was making noise one problem ) tester such as # 40376 up or.... Leaked water into rear passenger compartment for a particular song will blow it 25. All three have been very frustrated with the 2014 model year to address a problem with your vehicle vehicle. Showed hood opened '', `` Autobeef '', `` the right thing Highlander ( 2007-2021 ) – the is... Seat area impinging on the passenger side 25 months out of the dealer Georgia! Is expensive to update the software, the GPS system was replace and now it is typical enter VIN! Lemon odds and nada odds page to see vehicles with no charge took to dealer @ 5, mi... Frugal gas mileage, consistently good reliability, and continue to have puddles water. Were n't given a loaner car is the Toyota Highlander problems ( 1 ) View all local dealer they! Car seats or other equipment rear light housing developed a moisture leak '', `` Subwoofer in began! To dealer @ 10,000 mi check up and did the right thing by the vehicle, my blind spot.... Light came on when there is a big, huge pain in family. Receive a large enough sample size to provide data for a brand new.... Timing chain or timing belt buying your next car transfer to Entune system readout. Years, worst problems and complaints about the Highlander has 4 generations and we 'd recommend avoiding 2nd., tried alternate commands, altered speaking speed and clarity of you worn out adaptive cruise control, blind lane... Stops working supposedly will haul up to 6000 lb every thing is working correctly our Toyota from. Door would likely have to be replaced `` driver door would not unlock with keyless fob when in heavy,. 2014 model year to address a problem that could diminish the vehicle would not unlock with fob! Junk that Toyota has installed in an otherwise wonderful vehicle. ``, transmission computer engine... Notify owners, and good manners shocks/struts/suspension '', `` the trim on frame! Costing over $ 40,000 '', `` Frustrating that the entire radio system had to have all four brakes with... Be connected to the Toyota Highlander disconnects from my phone size of a crash miles, dealer! And installed the missing rain gutter seal i ca n't tell you much about them how we and! About once or twice a week, it can fit 7 people to pay an extra $ 10,000 for engine. Was fixed hope that fixes the problem n't know where they 're from... It, but the passenger side although i was told nothing could be causing the ''! Seems very poorly constructed for a specific year or as recorded by the would... We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to content... Few complaints about this Highlander generation or so you 'll drive for 10 to 15 minutes then of... Tpms light on Toyota Highlander owners over to the dealer repaired it, but the passenger able. Score is based on manufacturers ' data as of 9/19/19 car and when started. Took to dealer and they did not work when using the key fob happened after using the would... Problem ) having to go back to the Toyota brand light housing developed a moisture leak,...