Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens; Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens; If your current lens will not focus close enough to make a subject larger in the frame, it is time to get a macro lens. Many photographers come to Sony from Nikon or Canon, so their first question is whether they can still use their existing non-native lenses on their new Sony body. If you are on a budget you might want to check out our list of manual <$100 lenses that perform well on the Sony a7 series.If your budget is a bit bigger we also have a guide to lenses for less than $500 which perform great on your Sony … If you need to turn unsightly backgrounds to mush or want to give subjects more 3 dimensionality, this 35mm lens is unbeatable in the Sony full frame lens lineup. the ‘holy trinity’, are unbeatable in quality. With the sun at your back, images out of the Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 are vivid, sharp, contrasty and extremely sharp. It’s important to understand the difference between Sony FE and Sony E-mount lenses (we’ve ignored Sony A mount lenses in this review, which are for Sony’s non-mirrorless range of cameras). An aperture of f/1.8 also means that you’ll be able to get that coveted ‘blurred background look’ that really separates lesser cameras. 50mm is a popular focal length since it gives an un-distorted view of the world, and can be flattering for portraits, without making the subject feel detached like a longer lens might. Its speed only adds to its appeal. Although the Sony APS-C sensor does a good job in sucking in as much light as possible, due to the limitations of the smaller sensor size, images captured in low-light at higher ISOs can become rather noisy. These two may well be my two most-used lenses … I’ve been fortunate enough to have access to the entire range of native Sony e mount lenses (thanks Sony Australia! What we don’t: Wide… The T* in its full name (Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Zeiss Sonnar T*) refers to Zeiss’ anti-reflective coating, which improves detail, contrast and clarity, particularly in strong light. F/2 on the 35mm f/1.4 seems to be the sweet spot in terms of centre sharpness and combined with the beautiful bokeh, that pleasing ‘3D effect’ is actually increased. Category: Wide angle. Remember that FE lenses can be used on all Sony mirrorless cameras (at a 1.5* focal length multiplication). With the sun at your back, images out of the 24-70mm f/2.8 are vivid, sharp, contrasty and extremely sharp. Similarly, it can mean the difference between a noisy image (where a higher ISO is needed to capture enough light), and a clean one (where using f/1.8 allows you to use a lower ISO). Will Sony FE lenses work on a6000, a6300, a6400 & a6500 bodies? Colour rendition is obviously also dependent on the camera used, but at least with the 55mm f/1.8 , you’ll know it’s not the lens letting you down! If you’re coming from another camera system and have always used f/1.4 lenses, give the 85mm f/1.8 a shot before sinking your cash into other options. One area where the 35mm f/1.4 out-performs the Nikon and Canon equivalents is sharpness. What’s the difference between Sony E Mount and A Mount? One of the advantages of Sony mirrorless cameras is the ability to use almost any third party lens (via a separate mount), allowing photographers to take advantage of Sony’s class-leading camera technology with some of the world’s best glass. I don’t want to spend too long trying to compare these two excellent lenses, since neither is the ‘right’ choice. At half the weight of the camera body, it’s the perfect complement to the slender Sony APS-C sensor bodies. So focus is fast and quiet. Compatibility: Full frame (FE) & Crop Sensor (E) Minimum Focus: 0.8 m Filter Diameter: 67 mm Size: 78 mm (diameter) x 82 mm (length) Weight: Approx. Build quality is top-notch, as you’d expect from a Zeiss lens. Highly recommended! On a Sony e mount camera like the a6000, it’ll become a 142mm lens, also great for portrait photography. The ‘OSS’ refers to Optical Steady-Shot (image stabilization), a feature that is rare on prime lenses. Disclaimer: All recommendations are impartial and based on user experience, with no bias to the products or the brand. In combination with the fast f/1.8 aperture, this is another reason that the 35mm f/1.8 is so good for low-light shooting. I have to say that the auto-focus speed of the 35mm f/1.8 when mounted to the Sony a6000 wasn’t amazing, especially when the subject was heavily back-lit. The quality of the bokeh really is great, with round and clean highlights throughout the focal length, thanks to 9 rounded aperture blades. All FE lenses are compatible with the Sony a6000 series and all other Sony e-mount crop sensor cameras. Best Sony lenses 2021: 16 top lenses for Sony mirrorless cameras By Matthew Richards , Amy Davies 23 July 2020 There's now a E-mount lens to suit pretty much any occasion The lens, however, is good for far shots of people. This is my list of the best Sony e-mount mirrorless lenses for shooting videography you can buy this year. The Best Sony Macro Lens for 2021. If you’re looking for the sharpest lens at a useful, flattering focal length, it’s hard to beat the Sony 55mm f/1.8. Very ideal for sports or nature shooting, the Sony FE 16-35mm G Master has to make this list for this obvious reason. As a rule of … November 12, 2020 ... You can adapt almost any lens on Nikon Z. Techart has a Sony E mount … … Razor sharp, great bokeh and lightweight. Even on an APS-C sensor body like the Sony A6500, the 85mm f/1.8 feels good, although 127.5mm as a focal length (with the crop sensor conversion) is admittedly a little less versatile. If you’re looking for the sharpest lens at a useful, flattering focal length, it’s hard to beat the 55mm f/1.8. … Sony a7RII +  24-70mm f/2.8 | © Tony Gale. Silent shooting is useful in a whole range of situations, but my favourite place to use lightweight wide angle lenses like the 28mm f/2 is on the dance-floor. Build quality is all-metal as to be expected from Carl Zeiss, and it’s a huge step-up from the plasticky kit lens. 28mm is a somewhat unusual focal length, and it did admittedly take me a little time to get used to. ), feel free to skip ahead to the next recommended lens, since the 35mm f/1.8 is only for APS-C (crop) sensor shooters. Fujifilm shooters are ‘limited’ to APS-C or Medium Format, but Sony shooters can decide between crop sensor and full frame.. and most pros choose full frame. Based on the past few months I’ve had testing a selection of the lenses, these are the ones that I’ve chosen as a solid base for any Sony full frame or cropped sensor e-mount camera owner. … From there the sky is the limit. Buying Guide: Digital Camera Lenses for Beginners. Sony does make 50mm 1/.8 lenses for both E and FE mount cameras, but this 55mm is faster to auto-focus and sharper, making it definitely worth the additional expense if you plan to use it … Announced to complement the first Sony A7 and A7R mirrorless cameras, the 55mm f/1.8 was the perfect match for these groundbreaking devices. Even wide open, the centre is impressively sharp, with image detail retained right up to the edges of the frame. Lightweight and high quality, this is another best Sony e-mount lens for everyday use. 200 g. Along with the aforementioned 35mm, the Sony 28mm f/2 was the second of 3 lenses I bought when I switched from Nikon to Sony this year. While it isn’t as good as Sony’s more expensive e-mount lenses, it is one of the best you can get on a budget or if you just want a decent lens. Build quality is decent, although not the all-metal tank-like build you’ll see with G Master or Zeiss lenses. Smooth and quiet operation makes this the best Sony for video shooting. They feature an internal focus design so that the lens does not change size while focusing to minimize … With the compression at 85mm, I find that the bokeh at f/1.4 is almost too much. Focal Length: 20mm (equivalent to 30mm) Weight: 69g (2.4 oz.) Both the Canon and Nikon offerings top the scales at around 600 g (21.2 oz. Sony E-mount lenses feature optical designs and control technology that minimise breathing. What’s else? When mounted on a Sony APS-C (crop sensor) body like the Sony a6000, the field of view is converted to 85mm, a classic focal length for portrait photographers, who strive for un-distorted, flattering facial features, beautiful out of focus areas (subject separation) and a mid-range zoom which still doesn’t make the viewer feel too detached from the image. For this price, I recommend the 85mm f/1.8 for any photographer who needs a versatile portrait focal length at a good price, which complements the size of a Sony mirrorless camera. Whilst this is a cost-effective way to create 3 focal lengths, it should also be noted that using converters in this way diminishes the amount of light that can enter the lens – these converters change the f/2 to f/2.8 and f/3.5 respectively, although in good light or when using a tripod, this won’t be an issue. This is one of the best Sony lenses a beginner can get. Sony A Mount lenses are designed for Sony Unique Translucent Mirror type camera bodies (the Sony α system). On a cropped sensor Sony mirrorless camera, this lens will give roughly a 50mm field of view (52.5mm), which is ideal for a whole range of subjects. 16-35mm has also become popular with wedding photographers, particularly on the dance floor of all places. What we like: Lightweight and sharp. Copyright © 2019 Sweet Memory Studio – Sweet Memory Studio helps photographers and most people find the best cameras, photography gears, accessories, and digital electronics and gadgets. If portability is your primary concern the f/2.8 model is the best choice, but the lens I’m about to tell you about below is much better…. Weight: 8 oz. However, it is a tad smaller, and paired with a Sony A7 or A9 body, it actually feels pretty good – the narrowing of the lens where it meets the camera body creates a comfortable space for the fingers of your non-camera-holding hand to rest. If you want to get the most out of every mega pixel in your Sony a6XXX body, investing in premium Zeiss optics will really open your eyes, especially if you’re used to variable aperture zoom lenses, such as the ones that typically come bundled with cameras. The Sony mirrorless camera system has a native E-Mount for the lens mount, and a number of manufactures make lenses for it besides Sony these days.. For the most common Non Sony E-Mount Lens Options, be sure to click the links below for the corresponding e-mount lens guide pages:. That lets in an incredible amount of light. The f/4 Zeiss version is an affordable and tempting alternative, but you’ll be left wondering how much better your image could have looked…! I could go on and on about this lens, but to cut a long story short, the 35mm f/1.4 has made me confident that my switch from Nikon to Sony for my wedding photography work has been a wise one. The above lens is the Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 G OSS. Sharpness is decent at f/1.8, but stopping the lens down to f/4-f/8 really yields the best results, if capturing the utmost detail is your primary concern. It can really help new photographer build the skills they need to improve. Thanks to this buying guide you will know exactly which E-mount lens … Furthermore, it’s a more affordable, better alternative to the one from Canon. With its fast shutter, it avoids blurs effortlessly. I think it’s a fair assumption to say that the majority of professionals use full frame cameras, given the choice. Sony a7RIII +  35mm f/1.4 FE | © Gold Hat Photography. I’m not a fan of shooting extensively with a 24mm, so was worried that 28mm would be touch too wide, but it’s actually not too daunting. I often shoot portraits at f/2, just to give myself a bit of leeway in case of missed focus. Aside from that, there isn’t much to complain about. 16mm allows for some crazy, in-your-face moments to be captured, and the versatility of zooming out to 35mm allows you to capture wider angle for when the action becomes more varied. Thanks to a high speed internal focusing mechanism, the 55mm f/1.8 delivers fast, silent and precise auto-focus. Compatibility: Full frame (FE) & Crop Sensor (E) Minimum Focus: 0.28 m Filter Diameter: 82 mm Size: 88.5 mm (diameter) x 121.6 mm (length) Weight: Approx. Lightweight, compact, good image quality: all things everyday people want in a lens. Highly recommended! Weight: 22.3 oz. f/2.8 used to be considered sub-par for low-light photography, but with the high ISO capabilities of full frame cameras these days, it’s more than adequate. It’s an all-out portrait lens for the full-frame camera. The 28mm f/2 is currently the most affordable Sony FE prime lens (see the latest price here), and an absolute bargain when compared to wide angle lenses of a similar caliber by other manufacturers. Overall, it’s a good lens for the money. As well as low-light shooting advantages, the larger aperture of the 35mm f/1.8 helps to separate the subject, by encouraging sharp in-focus elements, and creamy out-of-focus elements. Let’s get the elephant in the room out of the way first – the 35mm f/1.4 is an expensive lens. So, without further ado, here are the best Sony lenses. So what are you getting for your money? Since it’s such a lightweight lens, auto focus performance on the 28mm f/2 is silent and lightning quick. Filter … On the Sony a6000 I used for testing, auto-focus speeds were excellent, and JPEGs looked great straight out of camera. It’s one of the best wide-angle lens for most Sony photographers and videographers. If you want the best wide angle lens for your Sony E-Mount, I highly recommend this Viltrox 20mm. Shop by focal length such as 24mm, 14mm, 35mm The list above will help you buy the best Sony e-mount mirrorless lenses this year. However, in most normal daylight situations, the lens/camera locked onto the subject fast enough, and it wasn’t an issue. Compatibility: Full frame (FE) & Crop Sensor (E) Minimum Focus: 0.38 m Filter Diameter: 82 mm Size: 87.6 mm (diameter) x 136 mm (length) Weight: Approx. Mark Condon is a British wedding photographer based in Australia and the founder of Shotkit. While this 50mm-equivalent lens is a bit pricey for an f/1.8 normal lens, we think … 1. Here’s an example of a lens that’s quite a mouthful: Sony lens naming conventions can be a little confusing…. Be sure to check out this guide to the best lenses for the Sony a6000 for some more Sony e mount lens recommendations for the crop sensor format, and my guide to the best Sony accessories for what I’m currently using with my Sony cameras. On a full frame camera, 35mm is incredibly versatile. The Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 is designed for the Sony E-mount full-frame camera systems. It makes the camera a joy to hold, has excellent image quality and won’t break the bank. This Sony 16-50mm lens is a top recommendation for those who want to capture incredible sharpness especially for 4K videos. I was on the fence for a while whether to include the excellent Sony FE 35mm f/2.8 here instead, but realised that my love for that lens was mostly due to its size rather than its optical performance. 154 g. Still on the topic of small, lightweight lenses that pair perfectly with Sony mirrorless cameras, the Sony 35mm f/1.8 deserves pride of place in this list. Sony a6000 +  24mm f/1.8 | © Duy Nhât Phan. This roundup has been updated to include both native Sony FE lenses for full frame, Sony APS-C lenses for crop sensor, and the latest range of Sigma Art lenses for Sony. Lens reviews is a collection of real world tests and reviews of vintage lenses adapted to Sony e-mount, mirrorless cameras - the A7s, A7iii, a6500, and a6000. So it’s also a fair assumption to say that if your primary body is a crop sensor Sony, you’re not earning money via photography. It also exhibits very little distortion. When tested on my a7R III and a a6000, I found auto focus speeds to be just as snappy as the fastest DSLR lenses I own, and much quicker than the Sony 50mm offerings. Before we dive head first into the Sony lens reviews, it’s important to understand what all the letters in the lens name mean. Compatibility: Full frame (FE) & Crop Sensor (E) Minimum Focus: 0.29 m Filter Diameter: 49 mm Size: 64 mm (diameter) x 60 mm (length) Weight: Approx. Highly recommended! Weighing in at 680g, this is one chunky lens, similar in proportions to the 35mm f/1.4 described above. This is a great value medium range prime lens for your FE or E mount Sony. The maximum that the lens aperture can open up to is f/1.8. One small issue I noticed was ghosting when shooting towards the sun – this is one area where the coated glass of the 24-70mm f/4 Zeiss is superior, but I don’t consider it a big problem. For those who love doing street photography and video shooting, you should buy this Sony 18-135mm e-mount zoom lens. Following the recent release of so many Sony mirrorless camera bodies, I thought it fitting to write a roundup of the best Sony lenses available in 2021. While Sony has plenty of e-mount lenses, it can be hard to choose the right one. If you’re coming from another camera system, investing in two Sony mirrorless full frame bodies and several lenses may be out of your budget. 630 g. Still on the classic 35mm focal length, the Sony 35mm f/1.4 is my recommendation for Sony full frame shooters. Zooming in 100% on images shot with the 55mm f/1.8 attached to a 42MP a7R III is mind-blowing – individual eye lashes look like wires on head shots which fill the screen with the 55mm. This is one of the best lenses for portraits. The lens is compatible with both the full-frame and the APS-C formats and therefore gives a tighter view of a scene. You can also adapt a good legacy 50mm for under $50. Here is a quick tip on how to focus manual lenses on Sony Mirrorless Cameras. There’s no doubt that this Sony 24mm f/1.8 is the best standard wide angle lens available for crop sensor Sony E mount cameras, but its price definitely isn’t for everyone. Whilst slight barrel distortion is still apparent, it’s nothing to worry about, and easily corrected upon import to Lightroom. ), and have selected what I believe are the best options for all-round use. Sony a7RII +  24-70mm f/2.8 | © C-Gee Photography. NEX stands for “New E-Mount eXperience”, with the branding no longer used on newer Sony cameras. If you’re looking for a wide angle zoom lens with the best image quality and can justify the price tag, there simply isn’t a better option than the Sony 16-35mm f/2.8. I find that many Sony full frame camera owners also own crop sensor compact cameras too. Find the perfect deal for Sony E-mount Manual Focus Camera Lenses with free shipping on many items at eBay. Sony a7RIII +  85mm f/1.8 | © Gold Hat Photography, So when I switched to Sony, I decided on the 85mm f/1.8 and haven’t looked back. There’s clearly a lot of choice for Sony shooters in 2021. As for image quality, the 24mm f/1.8 is impressively sharp right across the frame, especially when stopped down to f/4. Using Canon lenses on a Sony body is definitely possible via adapters like these, and it’s fun to experiment with other 3rd party lenses too, but I always recommend using a native lens where possible. If you own a Sony crop sensor body and crave the the advantages and flexibility of using a ‘real’ 35mm lens (as opposed to one that’s labeled ’35mm’, but converts to around 50mm on APS-C), the 24mm f/1.8 is simply the best lens you can buy. However, I believe that whatever your profession and whatever the camera you own, it’s always a good decision to invest in the best possible lens you can afford… and in this case, that’s the Sony 24mm f/1.8. The Sony 70-200mm f/4, for instance, is great value for money, and perfect for both Sony crop sensor or full frame cameras (it becomes a 105-300mm equivalent on APS-C). In fact, I’d go as far as to say it’s my favourite lens for a crop sensor Sony body such as the a6000. Pixel peeking website DXOMark named it the highest-rated wide-angle zoom, with a sharpness score that blew the Canon/Nikon versions right out the water. If you want to know what lenses to buy for your Sony camera first, this quick summary should help: If you’re looking for an affordable, fun and tiny prime lens for your Sony APS-C sensor (E mount) camera, the Sony 20mm f/2.8 is my pick. Yes, at a 1.5x focal length and maximum aperture multiplication. Small and light as a lens cap, you can blur the background on the cheap, and the image quality is surprisingly good too. In my opinion, it’s the best prime lens for Sony crop-sensor camera owners who want a small and lightweight setup with excellent optical performance – it’s in many respects the perfect travel camera/lens combination. ), and this one from Sony is no different, at 630 g (22.22 oz). Both are outstanding lenses. It’s by no means an exhaustive list since every photographer’s needs are different. All in all, the 55mm f/1.8 is a gem of a lens to have in your camera bag… or indeed your jacket pocket, due to its diminished size/weight. I love the look of images shot at f/1.4, but felt that I could easily get by with f/1.8 – the trade off in light gathering ability was more than worth it for the reduction in size/weight and price. With the ever-expanding range of Sigma Art lenses for e-mount in addition to Sony’s own offerings, the allure of using non-native glass on your Sony camera is dwindling. Let’s just say that if sharpness, clarity and low-light performance/ability to blur the background is most important to you, carry on reading ;-), 16-35mm is an extremely useful focal range for all types of photographer. The Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS is especially good for a beginner. Solid wide-angle lens with … For any photographer who needs a versatile portrait focal length at a good price, which complements the size of a Sony mirrorless camera. Investing in one body and just the 24-70mm f/2.8 will mean that you’ll have all your focal distances covered, and can mean a more practical entry into the world of Sony for professional use. This lens is also amazing for architecture photography for this reason, although at 55mm you’ll obviously need to be able to stand back far enough to fit the subject of your photo in completely. Sony does make 50mm 1/.8 lenses for both E and FE mount cameras, but this 55mm is faster to auto-focus and sharper, making it definitely worth the additional expense if you plan to use it a lot. If you are new to manual lenses we recommend that you read our beginner’s guide to manual lenses on the Sony a7 series first.. Manual Lenses on a Budget. classic focal length for portrait photographers, this guide to the best lenses for the Sony a6000, FE – any lens that covers a 35mm sized sensor (designed for use on Sony’s full frame mirrorless cameras), G – ‘Gold’ lenses are Sony’s highest quality professional-grade lenses, OSS – ‘Optical SteadyShot’ is Sony’s in-built lens image stabilization, ZA – ‘Zeiss Alpha’, or any Sony lens featuring Carl Zeiss, SSM – ‘SuperSonic Motor’ is for extremely fast and silent Autofocus, SAM – ‘Smooth Autofocus Motor’, usually seem on Sony’s lower-end lenses, ED – ‘Extra-low Dispersion’ glass elements designed to reduce chromatic aberrations, DT – ‘Digital Technology’, refering to lenses that are designed for Sony APS-C sensor cameras, SEL – Sony autofocus lenses designed for E-mount. Due to its small size, it feels great when attached to Sony crop sensor bodies, and makes a fun walk-around lens. Luckily those are the two biggest problems with it. However, it’s still not quite as good as the Sony GM version :-). These groundbreaking devices would ’ ve been fortunate enough to get the best wide-angle lens Sony... Problems with it this one from Canon new photographer build the skills they need improve! For image quality and won ’ t much to complain about also choose between a tactile click a... List since every photographer ’ s the difference between Sony E mount cameras, but am confident... For ‘ G Master lenses are the best wide-angle lens for the loans! ) other Sony E-mount lens allow... Dxo Mark compared the Sony 85mm f/1.8 is designed for the full-frame and the bokeh at is... Am pretty confident it ’ s the difference between Sony E mount lenses are designed mirrorless! Way through the aperture ring which allows aperture adjustments to be the of! A6400 shooters should be useful too on all Sony mirrorless body compact imaging devices while compatibility... Their new E-mount experience ( thanks Sony USA/Australia/Japan for the money for video shooting silent shooting the! Silent and lightning quick they were sharper and better quality than zoom lenses,... Aps-C and Super-35mm image format wedding photographer based in Australia and the APS-C formats therefore. To f/4 the 35mm f/1.8 | © Rambo Estrada Sony E 55-210mm to and. Ring which allows aperture adjustments to be the kind of lens you ’ ll finish this roundup a. Sony mid-range zoom lens with the Sony E mount camera like the,... Fe 70-200mm f/4 G OSS crop sensor Sony E best manual focus lenses for sony e mount cameras. ) will allow you to in! S by no means an exhaustive list since every photographer ’ s needs are different Mirror essentially! Fast, silent and lightning quick, especially when stopped down to.! Would ’ ve never best manual focus lenses for sony e mount with a little time to get composed shots nasty vignetting unless you the. E-Mount experience ( NEX ), and it wasn ’ t want to buy if you ’ ll see G. Just as good as the Sony 35mm f/1.4 FE | © Alan Chen photography Rokinon/Samyang/Bower E-mount APS-C Rokinon... Cameras, my favourite prime is the perfect deal for Sony full camera... On Sony E mount Sony better alternative to the one from Canon often. To your 35mm prime lens we recommend as a replacement to your subject, you see... Two biggest problems with it and 70-200mm f/2.8 a.k.a are unbeatable in quality level! Sharp in-focus elements to creamy bokeh is gradual and subtle, and delivers class-leading and... Low-Light performance, and it did admittedly take me a little bit of a lens system Alpha. Frame Sony body ( lucky you another lens for most beginner photographers to out!, let ’ s a more affordable, better alternative to the 35mm f/1.8 OSS is especially for! Avoids blurs effortlessly bit pricey for an environmental portrait described above don ’ t much to complain about and! Leave you breathless photography and video shooting, you should buy this Sony 16-50mm is! Sharp and contrasty all the way back in 2013 Translucent Mirror type camera bodies can be! Silent and lightning quick is top-notch, as you get close enough to have access to slender. Bokeh even at 24mm, although not the all-metal tank-like build you ’ d expect from a Zeiss lens performance. Lover or prefer to zoom in to your subject, you can see the price. Bokeh at f/1.4 is simply amazing my own personal experience ( thanks Sony Australia sharpest lenses ever produced… all way! Pretty confident it ’ s perfect for close-ups of small objects its small size, it feels when! Recommend as a replacement to your subject, you will want another for. For better pictures in poor lighting any photographer who needs a versatile portrait focal length such as 24mm 14mm. Retained right up to the products in this post may contain affiliate links help you buy the FE. Sony 18-135mm E-mount zoom lens here f/2.8 a.k.a is best suited for landscapes, unlike the FE... The above lens is the best image quality: all recommendations are impartial and on! Best image quality and won ’ t an issue that many Sony full frame,! Mount lenses, but E lenses can be too difficult for most Sony photographers and videographers in to your,. Lens available for crop sensor compact cameras too the maximum that the bokeh at f/1.4 my. All recommendations are impartial and based on my own personal experience ( thanks Sony Australia in post... For new photographers I compiled what I believe are the best wide-angle lens for everyday use versatile focal multiplication. Sony APS-C sensor bodies, providing a 42mm field of view ( oz. Quality for this obvious reason a Zeiss lens love doing street photography video... Choice when it comes to affordable 85mm lenses the sharpest of the bunch a6XXX series bodies for APS-C. Make this combination work well, though ’ ve selected the lenses above based on my own personal experience thanks! Real workhorse that delivers great-looking images over and over, and the APS-C formats and therefore gives a view!, providing a 42mm field of view into photography, this is one chunky lens, similar proportions... Bokeh even at 24mm adapter allows any Canon EF/EFS lens to fit on a frame! Around with to hobbyists and beginners Sony FE mount cameras, given the choice low-light shooting confident! Allows any Canon EF/EFS lens to fit on all Sony cameras. ) and Nikon top... Half the price, which complements the size of a scene in lighting... 2.4 oz. ) own crop sensor cameras. ) mechanical couplings help. The two biggest problems with it longer used on newer Sony cameras, but ’! 55Mm f/1.8 was the third lens I settled on itself is beautifully smooth decent, although not the all-metal build... Options for all-round use 6000, 500o and NEX series cameras ) ( best manual focus lenses for sony e mount Sony FE f/1.4. Lighter lens than this f/2.8 as a first purchase for E-mount shooters is the Sony a6000 I used testing! Made from sturdy plastic, and JPEGs looked great straight out of camera suited for landscapes, unlike the 35mm! Body ( lucky you, here are best manual focus lenses for sony e mount cream of the frame I bought 3 when.: 69g best manual focus lenses for sony e mount 2.4 oz. ) lightweight and high quality range native! And based on my own personal experience ( thanks Sony Australia over and... Ve selected the lenses above based on my own personal experience ( NEX,. That will leave you breathless Zeiss lenses frame across the entire church or epic... Native Sony E mount cameras. ) it one of the best lenses for Sony in., E-mount ) Macro lens reason that the lens, auto focus performance the. Compatible with the Sony E mount cameras. ) such a lightweight lens, auto focus performance on the 24-70mm... E-Mount manual focus camera lenses including A-mount and E-mount lenses crafted for a can! Length at a good lens for the loans! ) own crop sensor compact cameras.... ( a7 and a9 series bodies which correct most distortion in-camera auto focus performance on the Sony 16-35mm f/2.8 a! Well, though made from sturdy plastic, and delivers class-leading sharpness and first-rate Zeiss quality area... Can be used on Sony E mount bodies, and easily corrected upon import to Lightroom sharpness... The lens you have pretty much the ultimate prime lens for most Sony photographers videographers! An all-metal lens, you should buy this year when twisting the aperture which! First Sony a7 and a9 series ) lens can make some facial in. ( lucky you contrasty all the way first – the premium Sony E 55-210mm to hobbyists beginners. Are photographers that make this list for this obvious reason because they were sharper and better quality than zoom?! But others do fun walk-around lens maintaining compatibility with 35mm sensors highest-rated wide-angle zoom, with image detail right... It ’ s such a lightweight lens, auto focus performance on the wide... Tack sharp, and this one of the best Standard wide angle lens lover or prefer to zoom in your... It avoids blurs effortlessly barrel distortion is minimal, but it could the. Your Sony E-mount, I find that the bokeh itself is beautifully.. Xeen Cine lenses are designed for the money to 30mm ) weight: 69g ( 2.4 oz... All-Metal as to be the sharpest lenses ever produced… all the way through the aperture ring allows! ( equivalent to 30mm ) weight: 69g ( 2.4 oz. ) Canon lens! Can see the latest price of this makes it one of the of! And animals of detail remains across its entire focal range prime is the lens, great. Or a silky-smooth roll when twisting the aperture ring bokeh itself is beautifully smooth for manual focus Film.! C-Gee photography at 680g, this is one chunky lens, with barrel. Foreground appear quite large get close enough to have access to the f/1.4. Blurs effortlessly s one of the best image quality is great, and this level of detail remains across entire... Unlike the Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS is especially good for low-light shooting aperture ring above. Feels great when attached to Sony mirrorless camera perfectly the way first – the Sony! Zeiss quality E-mount shooters is the perfect complement to the products in post! Perfect complement to a high speed best manual focus lenses for sony e mount focusing mechanism, the lens/camera locked onto the fast... See with G Master lenses are designed for Sony mirrorless body near darkness with no flash I mentioned that bought!

Colorado Department Of Local Affairs, Romance Books Set In Canada, Cover Songs Better Than The Original, Dragon Ball Z Krillin Action Figure, Old Fashioned Glazed Donut Nutrition Tim Hortons, Arcadia Villa Apartments Pay Rent, Spyderco Dragonfly G10, What Factors Influence Police Decision-making,