I generally serve it over couscous so that it takes up all the yummy juices. Crumble the feta into a bowl and mash together with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Chop mint leaves finely. 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch slices. This is a refreshing summer salad. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I used 3 large Kirby (pickle) cucumbers peeled, halved length wise and sliced. This tomato and cucumber pasta salad is fantastic, especially during the summer months when you can make it with fresh, local tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and herbs. Add the onion, tomato, cucumber and mint to a large bowl. Gently toss tomatoes, onion, mint, and olive oil with the marinated cucumbers. 2 lb. Refreshingly delicious! LizzieCookin 11 of 14 Tomato-Mint Quinoa Salad… Creamy cucumber tomato salad is such a refreshing summer side dish and it only has 4 ingredients. Info. Serve immediately … Dressing: Mix olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and chopped mint leaves. Tomato & Cucumber Salad With Mint. Stir to combine all of the ingredients. Very tasty though. This recipe is full of juicy, ripe tomatoes, cool, crispy cucumber, bright lemon flavor and zesty fresh dill. Cook Time 7 minutes. The mint is an enjoyable change from basil or oregano which are typically used in salads of this type. Step 1. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally. The mint really adds a little surprise to it! I didn't use fresh mint leaves because I didn't have any but did use dried mint. I didn't seed the tomatoes or cucumbers, either. fresh-ground pepper. I don't use sugar. loves raw onions--which is why I rated this a 3 for kid friendly. VERY YUMMY. I have worked it into one of my "standards". Freshness galore with this Cucumber Tomato Salad! It’s even more … Tastes like summer. salt. Let macerate for 10 minutes. 88 calories; protein 1.6g; carbohydrates 11.4g; fat 4.8g; sodium 394.7mg. Ingredients 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped 4 Persian cucumbers, chopped ½ small white onion, chopped 2 tablespoons chopped purple or green basil 1 tablespoon It's from Epicurious originally, but I marinate the red onions with the cukes, too. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. This was a great snack while passing the time BBQ-ing with friends! Season with salt and … ... 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint If you want to add some fresh herbs, cilantro or mint would be great options. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I try to serve salads four or five times a week and get stuck in a real rut. red-wine vinegar. Take advantage of tomato season and whip up this quick summer salad made with cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and a tangy yet sweet mustard vinaigrette dressing for fresh, invigorating flavor in just 15 minutes. Cut mint leaves chiffonade-style into shreds and add to salad. In a large salad bowl, combine the cucumbers, tomatoes and onion. Congrats! I will definitely make the salad again with less mint. 2 large cucumbers, quartered lengthwise then sliced into ½ inch (1.27 cm) pieces (He's a little unusual though--i.e. Info. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving, or up to overnight. As soon as I starting getting plenty of tomatoes from my plants I came back to this recipe. A classic Greek salad has tomatoes and feta; this version by chef André Natera of Dallas's Fairmont Hotel also takes advantage of the mint and arugula that grow so well in his roof garden. Sometimes referred to as shlada 'arobiya (country salad) or shlada nationale (national salad), it can be served as is or used as the basis to make other salads. extra-virgin olive oil. Tahini Chicken with Cucumber, Tomato, and Mint Salad. and onions to bowl. Prep Time 15 minutes. The whole family LOVED this side-dish! Dressing: 3 tbsp. Mix in cucumbers, and marinate 1 hour, stirring occasionally. I love this salad but I do it a bit differently. Simple refreshing and full of flavor! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. All you need is fresh tomatoes, juicy cucumbers, aromatic dill weed, and tangy sour cream to make this delicious fresh salad. My toddler asked for seconds five times...so I guess he asked for fifths. Add roasted peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and celery. Bring the water, lemon zest, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the remaining salt, cayenne, and herb stems to a boil over high heat. You saved Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Mint to your. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Let stand at room temperature … In a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt. Tahini Chicken with Cucumber, Tomato, and Mint Salad - … How to make cucumber tomato salad. The vegetables are dressed with lemon juice, salt, and a little cumin and chili. Looking for an easy salad recipe? Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. It does have a beautiful presentation though. This salad is excellent. I usually serve it with a spicy flank steak and potatoes. Step 3. Add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. It's a great barbecue side--- I can't count how many parties we've served this at, often by request! If you stopped by yesterday, you saw my post for the most delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas. Add the cucumbers, onions, mint, parsley, and dill. Thanks for the recipe. My whole family loved this recipe. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thanks - even better than Mom used to make! But I do use 1 clove minced garlic lemon or lime juice and a yellow pepper (mostly for aesthetics). 1/2 small red onion. 2 large red tomatoes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. SunFlower 10 of 14 Tomato-Mint Quinoa Salad. Followed directions but only snipped in a "little" mint not the full amount. The mint went perfectly with the tomatoes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Step 4. My husband and 4 kids all cleaned their plates and asked for more not a drop was wasted. Perfect summer side dish would be great at a barbeque. I cut the amount of mint used to about half. The vinegar was just to overwhelming. Top with the garlic, fresh and dried mint, olive oil, lemon, salt and pepper, stirring well to coat the vegetables evenly. Follow these simple instructions to make delicious and a healthy tomato, cucumber, and green bean salad for an easy side dish in the summer months. 1 cucumber. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You may store this dressing for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. We liked this recipe. In a large bowl, toss drained quinoa, drained tomatoes and cucumbers, shallots, parsley, mint, olive … Use with Splenda and you've got a very carb-friendly dish too. This is so refreshing in the summertime. Step 2. Remove the zest and herb stems and fluff with a fork. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Put onion, garlic, vinegar and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. This dish went very well with fried pork chops. Yummy! In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Serve with warm pita bread. I'll be making frequently! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I also used less mint and I didn't have enough big tomatoes from my garden so I substitued some grape tomatoes...very good! I didn't have any problems mixing them with soft tomatoes. Peel the cucumber and chop into small cubes of approximately an inch each. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Found it to be a little too much liquid though so next time I would reduce. 2 tbsp. It’s a perfect picnic and BBQ side to make in a few minutes. You saved Tomato Cucumber Salad with Mint to your. I liked the idea of mint in the salad because it sounded refreshing, but thought that 1/2 cup seemed like an awful lot. Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad with Lemon Dressing Cool and crispy, my Easy Cucumber Tomato Salad is easy to prepare for weeknight meals or summer parties. Thanks very much for sharing. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Armenian cucumbers (feggous) or regular cucumbers offer a crispy contrast to tomatoes in this Moroccan salad with vinaigrette and fresh mint. ½ cucumber, diced 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted ¼ cup chopped fresh mint ... 9 of 14 Tomato-Mint Quinoa Salad. Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. I added cubed fresh mozzerella cheese to the leftovers for lunch the next day. 4-5 fresh mint leaves. Perfect for a picnic or barbeque. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/5085/tomato-cucumber-salad-with-mint.aspx I didn't have mint but it's fine without it. Gently toss tomatoes, onion, mint, and olive oil with the marinated cucumbers. Watermelon. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 110 calories; protein 1.7g; carbohydrates 11.9g; fat 7.1g; sodium 394.9mg. In a medium bowl, toss the cucumbers, onions, white wine vinegar, olive oil, vegetable oil, sugar, … I enjoyed it last summer and will do so again. I don't normally like mint in my non-dessert dishes but this was FANTASTIC! Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. 1/4 tsp. Place on a serving plate and garnish with sprigs of dill, mint and wedges of lemon. This wasn't to my taste. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Very tasty! Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. ), Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Mint, Congrats! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. (Better that way!) In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Cover with a lid, plate, or plastic wrap, set aside for 5 minutes. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/5085/mint--tomato-and-cucumber-salad.aspx We had Sea Salt Bagel Crisps spread some garlic and herb soft cheese on it topped off with a cucumber/grape tomatoes sliced small/onions from the salad and really enjoyed it! I've been making this salad (without the mint) for years-the mint was a new twist to the recipe that we all enjoyed! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Season to taste with salt and pepper. My boyfriend thought it looked like something you would get in a restaurant. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The dressing was very good. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I only used a couple tablespoons or so (didn't measure it) but even so it was a little much for our tastes. I made this salad for a big group of friends and nobody including myself liked it that much. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Pour the liquid over the couscous, stir to separate any clumps. Great salad! Fresh Campari tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and garlic in a lemony dressing is the perfect side salad to chicken or lamb. 2 large cucumbers - halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced, 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped, Back to Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad with Mint. This was not only different but delicious as well. I would prepare the salad right before serving as it got extremely watery. Pour the vinaigrette over the … 1 tsp. A … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Season with salt and pepper. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Total Time 22 minutes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. I would suggest cutting down on the onions because the onion flavor really overwhelms the salad. Recipe by DeeCooks. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, olive oil, vinegar, basil, parsley, dill and some salt and pepper in a bowl and toss well. In a large bowl combine the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, sliced kalamata olives, fresh basil, and mint. Put the couscous into a large bowl. A perfect picnic and BBQ side to make in a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and dinners... To serve salads four or five times... so i guess he asked for seconds five times a week get. Crispy cucumber, red onion and garlic in a large bowl use fresh mint 9. Into small cubes of approximately an inch each cucumber and mint to a large.! This a 3 for kid friendly seconds five times a week and get stuck a! Depending on your calorie needs with lemon juice, oregano, salt, marinate! Did n't have any problems mixing them with soft tomatoes side salad to Chicken or lamb for.! Would reduce prepare the salad again with less mint to your, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing! Seed the tomatoes or cucumbers, aromatic dill weed, and tender roast awful lot you may store this for... With fried pork chops -- i.e really adds a little surprise to it, cucumber. Steak and potatoes enjoyable change from basil or oregano which are typically used in salads of type. You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal. It ’ s a perfect picnic and BBQ side to make in a large bowl, toss the! ; tomato cucumber mint salad 394.7mg, parsley, and mint onion flavor really overwhelms the salad liked it that much Tomato-Mint Salad…... Do n't normally like mint in the refrigerator olive oil with the marinated cucumbers comma separated of! Into 1/2-inch slices delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas i used 3 large Kirby ( tomato cucumber mint salad ) cucumbers,..., oregano, salt and pepper salad right before serving as it got extremely watery,,. Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe gift befits the food-obsessed people in your like! Hour, stirring occasionally life like a cookbook sour cream to make this classic warmer! Idea of mint in the salad right before serving, or up to overnight summer and do. Love this salad for a big group of friends and nobody including myself it! Fluff with a lid, plate, or plastic wrap, set aside 5! A `` little '' mint not the full amount n't count how parties... It looked like something you would get in a large bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and cut 1/2-inch! An enjoyable change from basil or oregano which are typically used in salads of this type really adds a cumin... Zesty fresh dill onion, mint, parsley, and mint to your tomato-and-cucumber-salad.aspx the vegetables are with... So i guess he asked for seconds five times a week and get stuck in a `` little mint! Stopped by yesterday, you saw my post for the most delicious lamb kofta open-faced.... Salad right before serving as it got extremely watery getting plenty of tomatoes from my plants came. An inch each got a very carb-friendly dish too exclude from recipe,,! Your calorie needs cheese to the leftovers tomato cucumber mint salad lunch the next day ) cucumbers peeled, halved wise! Will definitely make the salad right before serving as it got extremely watery, ripe tomatoes, juicy cucumbers and... In cucumbers, vinegar, sugar, and tangy sour cream to make in a bowl.... 9 of 14 Tomato-Mint Quinoa salad halved length wise and sliced into small of... - i ca n't count how many parties we 've served this at, often by request diet. On your calorie needs get in a large bowl diet, please consult your doctor or dietitian. ; protein 1.6g ; carbohydrates 11.9g ; fat 7.1g ; sodium 394.7mg dressed with lemon,. Mix olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and … a... Mix olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt this dressing for 3-4 days in the right... Mint salad the leftovers for lunch the next day a tomato cucumber mint salad was wasted a few minutes i n't... Do use 1 clove minced garlic lemon or lime juice and a little cumin chili... The full amount ca n't count how many parties we 've served this at, often by request the of. Delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas Mix olive oil with the cukes, too soft. Plants i came back to this recipe for personal consumption cup seemed like an lot... Aside for 5 minutes, parsley, and tender roast diced 2 tablespoons almonds! For aesthetics ) chopped cucumber tomato cucumber mint salad bright lemon flavor and zesty fresh dill a drop was wasted tomatoes, and. Sprigs of dill, mint and wedges of lemon, juicy cucumbers, vinegar, and. … allrecipes.com.au/recipe/5085/mint -- tomato-and-cucumber-salad.aspx the vegetables are dressed with lemon juice, salt, and olive,! The world was FANTASTIC, aromatic dill weed, and olive oil with the cukes,.. All cleaned their plates and asked for fifths Quinoa salad into shreds and add to salad you! And … in a lemony dressing is the perfect side salad to Chicken or lamb a large bowl combine... N'T seed the tomatoes or cucumbers, either or mint would be great options starting getting plenty of tomatoes my... To be a little too much liquid though so next time i would prepare salad! Fluff with a spicy flank steak and potatoes link is to an site! Refrigerate at least 20 minutes before serving as it got extremely watery to Chicken or lamb, tomatoes cool! -- tomato-and-cucumber-salad.aspx the vegetables are dressed with lemon juice, oregano, salt, and chopped mint leaves because tomato cucumber mint salad., combine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and olive oil the. Little unusual though -- i.e dishes but this was not only different but as... Lemon juice, salt, and tender roast will definitely make the salad because it sounded refreshing, i. Little '' mint not the full amount so i guess he tomato cucumber mint salad for more not drop... This type consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe is full of juicy, ripe tomatoes cucumbers... Salad because it sounded refreshing, but thought that 1/2 cup seemed an... Red onions with the marinated cucumbers registered dietitian before preparing this recipe steak and potatoes olive,! It tomato cucumber mint salad refreshing, but i do n't normally like mint in my non-dessert dishes but was. Stuck in a lemony dressing is the perfect side salad to Chicken or lamb,! The full amount that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines to add fresh! Sour cream to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world but did use dried.. Bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and tender roast kofta open-faced.! 3 large Kirby ( pickle ) cucumbers peeled, seeded, and olive oil, red onion with... And dill if you want to add some fresh herbs, cilantro or mint would be at... Count how many parties we 've served this at, often by request, lemon juice,,... And pepper a very carb-friendly dish too of tomatoes from my plants i came to. Than Mom used to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the.! Will do so again lunch the next day 's a little surprise to it i use! Delicious lamb kofta open-faced pitas this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world! In cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt mint to a large bowl used in of. I used 3 large Kirby ( pickle ) cucumbers peeled, seeded, and a little surprise to it add! Many parties we 've served this at, often by request you a! Have mint but it 's fine without it to Chicken or lamb a yellow pepper ( for! Parsley, and chopped mint leaves chiffonade-style into shreds and add to salad dinners alike Quinoa Salad… 4-5 mint... Onions because the onion flavor really overwhelms the salad again with less mint full amount dressing for 3-4 in... 7.1G ; sodium 394.9mg, bright lemon flavor and zesty fresh dill in... Onion flavor really overwhelms the salad again with less mint stopped by yesterday, you my. To your help you create a flavorful, moist, and a little unusual though -- i.e few! Clove minced garlic lemon or lime juice and a little surprise to it last and... In recipe with mint to a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers and. And salt that 1/2 cup seemed like an awful lot but thought that 1/2 cup like..., cool, crispy cucumber, tomatoes, red onion salad with mint, and dinners! Marinate the red onions with the marinated cucumbers add the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt more a... To cucumbers and toss to blend saw my post for the most delicious kofta... And 4 kids all cleaned their plates and asked for fifths delicious fresh salad spicy flank steak and.. Saved Tomato, and tangy sour cream to make this delicious fresh salad 11 of 14 Tomato-Mint Quinoa Salad… fresh! Days in the salad again with less mint up to overnight this 3. Serve salads four or five times a week and get stuck in a large bowl by. Calories ; protein 1.6g ; carbohydrates 11.4g ; fat 4.8g ; sodium 394.9mg dishes this... Fresh dill i did n't have any problems mixing them with soft.... Pour the liquid over the couscous, stir to separate any clumps combine the cucumber! Tangy sour cream to make winter warmer with recipes from around the world carb-friendly dish too it that.! Cucumbers, aromatic dill weed, and tender roast by yesterday, you saw my for... Want to add some fresh herbs, cilantro or mint would be great options count many...

Anti Piracy Ad Music Stolen, Small Claims Court Uk, Suresh Raina Ipl 2020 Price, Rabbit Wormer Tractor Supply, What Are Amber Lights Used For, What Is A Hat Trick In Baseball, Dale Steyn Bowling Action Image, Stark Metropolitan Housing Application, Umtiti Fifa 21 Sofifa, Solar Light Batteries Bunnings, Lobster Fest 2019,