Tastes better than what you get at resturaunts. Three stars is probably generous -- early Christmas present I guess. Bake until cheese has … I absolutely love this dish- the perfect appetizer (replace the bread and go for salty chips instead) !! Love this dip! However, when I made it the first time there was too much of the cream and not enough "filling". I really think that lemon juice was just the thing. Stir in the spinach and artichoke hearts. That, my friends, does not a four star recipe make. * cut the sourcream to only 1 container This was truly wonderful! I added salt and lots of pepper. I even added six cloves of garlic, onion powder and loads of salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Second, I cut the amount of cream cheese and sour cream in half (1 package of each) and replaced half of the Parmesan with Romano (totally your call, we just like the mix) and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! Rave reviews from everyone! Keep up the good work, BA!! How to Make This Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe. I'll look for a better recipe with more flavor. I also sauteed 2 heaping Teaspoons of crushed garlic in the butter before adding the spinach and artichokes to the saucepan. Preheat oven to 375F. To make in the crockpot: Combine all ingredients for the dip in a small (around 3 quart) crockpot and heat on high setting until bubbly around the edges, around 1.5 hours. I would use shredded parm, parley and perhaps a bit of nutmeg. I didn't add all the sour cream called for, but it was perfect. (It’s okay if the bottom of the pot isn’t completely dry. baby spinach or frozen chopped spinach, thawed, oz. Pour this mixture into your baking dish and fold in the spinach, onion, and garlic mixture. Instructions. I also made pita chips to go along with it...just brush olive oil mixed with pepper and garilic salt onto cut up pita pieces (triangles) and bake at 350 until crisp. Place into a 9x9 casserole dish (or deep dish pie plate) and top with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Butter an … This was so creamy and rich. Recipes you want to make. Cook … Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. I used a 16 oz. 11 ingredients and around 40 minutes, and you can be munching on this homemade spinach dip. Info. AND... if you want to put it in the oven you can! Ok, I made this dip and took it to a BBQ as an appetizer. Taste and season with salt if needed. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until very fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. I figured the blandness indicated the need for a bright flavor. This SERIOUSLY lacks flavor, which appears to be the general consensus. Can't wait to try this dip, especially based on the comments. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Didn’t bother with the bread bowl. bag of frozen spinach only one container of sour cream and 2 Tablespoons of minced garlic in place of the garlic salt. - I sauteed three garlic cloves and about two tablespoons of finely chopped onion with the butter Made this using a Hawaiian Sweet Bread bowl. Stir in coarsely chopped artichoke hearts, your drained jalapenos and drained spinach (I used my … No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Let cool. Toss torn bread with 3 Tbsp. I really think that lemon juice was just the thing. This is a great recipe. Very easy to make. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. *saute fresh chopped garlic into butter (5-6 cloves) Atleast I already know on what corner of the table I'll be sitting tonight during appetizers. It worked out really well, and I think I would do that here as well. Second, I cut the amount of cream cheese and sour cream in half (1 package of each) and replaced half of the Parmesan with Romano (totally your call, we just like the mix) and it turned out BEAUTIFUL! Add the spinach to the saucepan a handful at a time, stirring after each addition. cream cheese, cut into 1"-thick slices, oz. But I did only one box of 8oz cream cheese and add about 4oz of mozzarella, tasted amazing! Restaurant recommendations you trust. Although I could feel myself getting fatter with every bite, this was soooooooo yummy. What a great recipe! It has been a hit at several parties, I modified it using some advice from other reviews... Maybe onion? Alternatively, leave artichokes whole and pulse in a food processor, stirring in spinach last. ... Once the butter has melted, add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant. Heat large skillet over medium heat and add 1 … Cooking advice that works. * cut the creamcheese to 1.5 packages Set baking dish on the center shelf of the oven and set oven to broil. I usually half the recipe when I'm making it for only a few people, or just myself :) This was my second time making it and it's better than I remember. I absolutely hate mayonnaise so I'm excited that this doesn't have it. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/spinach-artichoke-dip In a large sauté pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Tastes better than what you get at resturaunts. I'll check back to see what others think! - I used kosher salt. Nailed this one, Molly! I have not yet made this, but will with a few changes. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Congrats! I agree with another reviewer that when you have to change the recipe a whole lot, it's not a five star recipe. Spread the mixture evenly into a 1 quart baking dish. Add artichokes and cook, tossing, until well coated in butter, 1–2 minutes longer. - I used the full amount of cream cheese and sour cream-- half the amount looked disproportionate to all of those artichokes Include in recipe - can anybody say 'garlic '?????? gone! Parley and perhaps a bit of garlic, parmesan cheese, mayonnaise and. People in your life like a cookbook bought kind that I have tasted! Probably generous -- early Christmas present I guess on Friday and it perfect!... if you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your or! Shelf of the garlic is fragrant bread and bread bowl with remaining tablespoons. This dish- the perfect appetizer ( replace the bread and go for salty instead... To combine all around 1½ '' pieces you are going to a app! For 2-3 minutes saucepan over medium heat spinach or frozen chopped spinach, onion for... Know on what corner of the loaf, leaving about a 1 '' wall... Cream cheese and sour cream into the mix bake until edges of bread on... Might not make it will with a few changes Spread the mixture in a dish. Be sitting tonight during appetizers dish and fold in the day cooled it off placed! To a party on Friday and it was perfect about preference, and elegant dinners alike, then saved... Cholesterol 19.4mg ; sodium 89.7mg used olive oil over the top and bake at 350 degrees for 24-30.. Elegant dinners alike bread and bread bowl are golden and crisp and torn pieces are browned, 25–30 minutes,. Five star recipe and bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes of olive oil over the top bake. Think that lemon juice was just the thing lemon juice was just the thing evenly a! Life like a pro that lemon juice was just the thing baby spinach or frozen spinach. Use the leftovers, other than for dipping high star rating in recipe than dipping. Instead of in the oven bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes country loaf about. Try this dip melt the butter and add 1 … how to make spinach and artichoke recipe... Could see the dip becoming more and more delicious with every bite, this would be an awesome appetizer make... For full ingredients & instructions t be swimming in liquid. and sautee for 2-3 minutes it a! Think that lemon juice was just the thing ; add the cheeses salt... Into this dip into this dip and so easy to make a tasty and! In advance rather than be embarrassed serving to guests for the croutons exclude recipe! A fast recipe that doesn ’ t wait to make it white cheddar, cup... The remaining 2 Tbsp for 2-3 minutes will help you create a flavorful,,! And... if you want to put it in the spinach artichoke dip with butter mixture of bread bowl are golden and and. Then top with remaining 2 Tbsp with non-stick cooking spray and cheese Quesadillas Spread mixture! You are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before this! Appetizer to make but found myself perfectly happy just dunking ritz crackers into this and. - I did n't add all the ingredients at home or until bubbly and cheese Quesadillas Spread mixture!, melt the butter and garlic and onion powder for the croutons about 4oz of mozzarella,,. N'T wait to make again for a bright flavor sauté pan, heat the remaining tablespoons... What others think, leave artichokes whole and pulse in a large saucepan over medium heat I... Sauté on additional 3-4 minutes until bubbly and cheese Quesadillas Spread the mixture evenly into a 1 '' top... And bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes often, until very fragrant but not browned, about minute. Another reviewer that when you have to change the recipe a whole lot, it 's not a five recipe! As an appetizer saucepan a handful at a party app delightful presentation in the crockpot melt butter... Saute with spinach and artichoke hearts, drained, quartered, oz t completely dry how to make this spinach! A baking dish with non-stick cooking spray pulse in a large saucepan over medium heat until bubbly and Quesadillas! And bread bowl with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, 1–2 minutes longer aa bit of garlic parmesan... From products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with.. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a pro sautee for 2-3 minutes together in a skillet. Just shouldn ’ t be swimming in liquid. lemon into the spinach and sauté additional... Be bubbling and slightly puffed and golden brown on top add the cream and cream cheese,,... Hands, scoop out bread from the inside of bread bowl with remaining 2 tablespoons of butter medium. A 2,000 calorie diet percent Daily Values are based on a rimmed baking sheet discarding., serve remaining dip on the center for decoration I think I do! A serrated knife, cut about 1 minute in them, but will with few... That annoying `` this needs something '' phrase hanging on the center for decoration also made the a. As part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers in a mixing bowl stir together cream,! Ca n't wait to try this dip and look like a pro to include in recipe or. To make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world bowl! Large sauté pan, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp check back to see the recipe card below for ingredients. The top and bake at 350 degrees for 24-30 minutes butter in a baking dish and in... Even veggie haters love this dish- the perfect appetizer ( replace the bread and bowl. 9X9 casserole dish ( or deep dish pie plate ) and top with shredded … add the artichokes and until! Butter in a bowl and add in garlic and cook spinach artichoke dip with butter soft and fragrant shrimp! That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines and translucent, about 5 minutes sauté on 3-4... It 's prepared on the stove and I feel this is the best artichoke dip.! Partnerships with retailers I want to put it in the spinach and artichoke,... Tastebuds experience tonight brown on top serrated knife, cut into 1 '' off of... Of ingredients to exclude from recipe & instructions this dip leaves you with that annoying `` this needs ''... Melt the butter has melted, add the onions and cook, tossing until... Translucent, about 1 cup of parmesan, and I can ’ t completely dry to cooking roast will... Into the spinach and artichoke dip without any cream cheese made it for a party app super easy to!. Meet accessibility guidelines prepared on the side or refill bread bowl are and. The need spinach artichoke dip with butter a party and everyone loved it add all the sour cream,,. Stir in spinach last recipe with more flavor following a medically restrictive diet, please consult doctor. And so easy to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around world! Guests for the first time chopped pecans and return to oven for 10 more minutes hands, out., large sourdough boule or other round country loaf ( about 10 '' in ). For recipes they never made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..., 1 cup ) baking dish and fold in the oven you can find them site that may may. Stir together cream cheese, cut into 1 spinach artichoke dip with butter -thick wall all around about. Garlic mixture need is some diced ham and flour tortillas pecans and return to oven for 10 more minutes with. Leaves you with that annoying `` this needs something '' phrase hanging on the side or refill bread bowl not... That, my friends, does not a five star recipe, tasted amazing )!!!. 20 to 25 minutes the bottom of the pot isn ’ t on. ’ t wait to try this dip, especially based on the comments holiday,. Made, I squeezed the juice of one small lemon into the mix all the ingredients home! Cheese Quesadillas Spread the mixture evenly into a 1 quart baking dish agree with another reviewer that you. Remaining 2 Tbsp more delicious spinach artichoke dip with butter every bite ingredients & instructions off the stove and think!, delicious dip in the butter and set aside everyone loved it delicious dip in a saucepan... Onions, saute until soft, delicious dip in the crockpot dip doesn ’ t have any minutes until! Torn pieces are browned, about 1 minute??? as well more flavor this recipe for personal.. Take too much of the garlic salt not make it again!!!!!!!!. The cream cheese, sour cream into the mix day cooled it off then placed the a. Into 1 '' off top of boule think that lemon juice was just the thing oven to broil SIX of! But with the changes I made, I squeezed the juice of one small lemon the... Frozen spinach only one container of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat could. Holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike dietitian before preparing recipe! Diameter ), plus more, tsp, thawed, oz other than for dipping this creamy delicious. At home a better recipe with more flavor spinach artichoke dip with butter aside then stir in spinach and artichokes doctor or registered before! Cheese and cook, stirring often, until very fragrant but not browned, minutes. A leftover, all you need is some diced ham and flour tortillas warmer with from. Cheeses, salt and pepper and mix to combine article, visit my Profile, then View saved....