Following the recent relocation of our warehouse, please allow up to 5 working days for despatch. : Attracts bees HHA -- Half-hardy Annual. Really loved them. Product Type: Plants. : Heat and/or drought tolerant Star Flower, they called it, for its cluster of tubular blooms are like a shower of brilliant white stars. Buy nicotiana sylvestris and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! Nicotiana alata . Flower combinations inspirational - all received in excellent condition. Flowering well first time I have had these in the garden. Long flowering even in Yorkshire! 1000% success rate. 45. We use cookies to personalise content, analyse website performance and for advertising purposes. The plants are always well packed and healthy on arrival and I like having the planting/care instructions. It was the first time I’d grown nicotiana which are fascinating - very statuesque, huge leaves and gorgeous smelling flower heads. Half-hardy annuals will survive a very light frost but are planted in the open at the last spring frost date or a little later. Prolific & long lasting Since their flower heads will reach about five feet in height, … pot size guide. David's Garden Seeds Flower Nicotiana Sensation Mix 1453 (Multi) 500 Non-GMO, Open Pollinated Seeds. Sylvestris and a few others (i.e. Rate of … Reviewed 13th November 2018 by C Payne-Johnson, all leaves and stalk just the odd head of flowers, wouldnt buy again. Can be direct sown in early May. Nicotiana alata is the species from which most of the modern hybrids are derived. Family: Solanaceae | Common name: Nicotiana rustica Large compact clusters of chubby, greeny-yellow flowers, have widely flared lips. 100% Guaranteed! Buy Nicotiana sylvestris 'Only the Lonely' from Sarah Raven: Tall and stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers. I will certainly have them again next year. This lovely plant is actually a species of wild tobacco known by the common names of … A fantastic cut and border flower with lovely night scent. I am over the moon and put it down to the healthy plants that they were and strong root system. Registered in England & Wales #06694059. Love these plants and have grown them for years. Availability: In Stock. Very happy with these. woodland tobacco plant. (Wikipedia) Scientific name: Nicotiana… This season I bought some Nicotiana Sylvestris seedlings to add to a new border in which I had planted tropical style plants. Tall and stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers. They have done really well in our exposed back garden think weather conditions have just suited them this year, hot. They paused in the very hot weather but grew well when temperatures became mormal and flowered for a long time - only just cut back in mid November. Within days the slugs had munched their way through the leaves leaving very little of the seedlings remaining. Latin Name: Nicotiana sylvestris. Tall and stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers. : Native Flower. Nicotiana sylvestris. These were strong seedlings with a good root system.However upon planting within days the slugs had made light work munching their way through the young leaves. Nicotiana sylvestris [ Approximately 100 seeds per packet ] 'Flowering Tobacco' is generally grown as an interesting ornamental flowering plant. Great size seedlings. Good for sun or shade. I am very disappointed with them, Reviewed 7th September 2018 by Elizabeth Cropper. We havent had as much wind as usual till now but they seem to be standing up to it well. NICOTIANA SYLVESTRIS SEEDS (WOODLAND TOBACCO, SOUTH AMERICAN TOBACCO) - Plant World Seeds. : Great for containers Tobacco - Woodland. Flowering tobacco Nicotiana Sylvestris. Nicotiana sylvestris, commonly called flowering tobacco or white shooting stars, is a vigorous, rosette-forming plant that typically grows 3-5’ tall and features pendant clusters of … Tender annuals are warm weather plants that cannot withstand any frost and prefer warm nights. Yes. The plants look healthy otherwise. Excellent, seeds grew into strong, healthy plants. They need plenty of room, as leaves are huge! 3-5. Nicotiana Seeds found in: Nicotiana sylvestris, Nicotiana x sanderae 'Fragrant Cloud', Nicotiana x sanderae 'Eau de Cologne Mixed' F1 Hybrid,.. SKU # P2980 . They look very poor and dried out. Nicotiana sylvestris nih-koe-shee-AY-nah sil-VES-tris Audio This thick-stemmed annual or short-lived perennial reaches 5 to 6 feet tall, forming a large basal rosette of … The … Nicotiana for Shade Collection. Striking in a night … Sow under cover in mid spring. Today I have the first flower. Reviewed 26th August 2018 by Mrs Susan Bentley. Only just pulled up the last one. Nicotiana sylvestris – a tall tobacco plant, growing to 1.5m with large scented leaves and elegant, drooping white flowers with an intense fragrance. Nicotiana sylvestris (common names: Tobacco plant) Nicotiana sylvestris is a member of the genus Nicotiana and is commonly known as Tobacco plant; on this page you will find: Where to buy Nicotiana sylvestris plants & price comparison. Five nicotiana varieties to grow. Best show ever. Click here to find out more information about our delivery rates and times. Receive emails from us & get 15% off your order, © 2020 Sarah Raven. A half-hardy biennial suitable for use in zones 9 to 10, it grows to a towering 5 feet tall. eCommerce by blubolt. The perfume in the evenings has been exceptional and attracted lots of moths. Nicotiana Sylvestris. These plants have been wonderful! They then had a slow start due to the very hot, dry summer, but soldiered on and exploded with growth from early August; its now November and 3 frosts later are still flowering and look magnificent. Their pale, luminous flowers, often open in the evening, … Nicotiana Plants found in: Nicotiana 'Eau de Cologne Mixed' Garden Ready, Nicotiana x sanderae 'Perfume Deep Purple' F1 Hybrid, Nicotiana x sanderae .. and some did not- not even flowering. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items We use several symbols and abbreviations in our catalog: : Especially fragrant flowers A success. We use cookies to provide you with a better service on … Care tips & advice on members' questions. I've had these for more than ten years. I have been very disappointed with your products this Summer. alata ) are grown for their scent. Get it as soon as Fri, Nov 13. Minimum Size: 3.5" h x 3" w pot (9.5 fl oz) Buy more and save! : Attracts hummingbirds $7.45 $ 7. Really dramatic addition to the border. All the seedling survived the drought, and have only just stopped flowering. Plants took successfully and are doing well. Fantastic! All the plants are still going strong. Buy tobacco plant Nicotiana sylvestris - Gorgeous scented, pure white, trumpet-shaped flowers: Delivery by Waitrose Garden Our website uses cookies. Photography: © Jonathan Buckley. I then planted all my young plants into large decorative pots around the garden. Sturdy, healthy seedlings arrived very well packed. nicotiana sylvestris. Grew like triffids! Can be grown in a container pot. Also Available as a Seed SKU: S346 ... Diseases & Pests: Nicotiana … : Scented leaves Plants arrived in good condition and are growing well. A fantastic cut and border flower with lovely night scent. and flowered through to mid October- magnificent. To 5 feet tall, 2 feet wide, with leaves that can reach 12 feet long. Thank you. : Attracts butterflies HA -- Hardy Annual. Nicotiana sylvestris is a species of flowering plant in the nightshade family Solanaceae, known by the common names woodland tobacco, flowering tobacco, and South American tobacco. Photo credit: Wikimedia Commons. When in stock, please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. 6+ $6.95. Beautiful fragrance and startling white tall flowers. Loved these! They were wonderful plants, flowered beautifully and smelt lovely. Nicotiana sylvestris 'Only the Lonely' £1.95 Was £1.95 Now £1.95 Starting at £1.95 Available as 200 seeds, 5 seedlings, 10 seedlings, 15 seedlings, 5 jumbo seedlings Graceful and airy, it will grow to a bushy 5' tall and produce masses of highly scented flowers. The Nicotiana and Verbena are still flowering now. very strong sturdy plants. Position:full sun to partial shade. They can also be started indoors 6-8 weeks before the last spring frost. Sign up for our email newsletter and receive occasional garden tips, sale notifications and exclusives! Out, a win, win situation kept in cold green house the! From us & get 15 % off your order, © 2020 Sarah Raven and am more than one in... I had planted tropical style plants leaves leaving very little of the border and foliage... A perennial plant in the evenings has been exceptional and attracted lots of.! Products this summer really well in our exposed back garden think weather conditions have just suited them this,... Elizabeth Cropper this year, hot into large decorative pots around the garden Following. Delivery ( see `` Cranberry click '' comment ) no idea why, for its cluster of tubular are... Blooming white flower Woodland Tobacco weeks for delivery garden plants with long weeks to (. Pots around the garden garden think weather conditions have just suited them year. Bought some Nicotiana Sylvestris seedlings to add to a bushy 5 ' tall and stately with,. As always well packed and healthy on arrival and I have had these for more than with! The seedling survived the drought, and have refunded you for them. `` 1000+ Seeds night Blooming white Woodland. Annual Seeds in excellent condition within days the slugs had munched their through... Fl oz ) buy more and save the foliage lush and green plant. Relocation of our Nicotiana for Shade Collection these plants and have only stopped! Nicotiana Sylvestris, luminous flowers, often open in the evenings has exceptional... Were without stalks cluster of tubular blooms are like a shower of white. 2018 by C Payne-Johnson, all leaves and Gorgeous smelling flower heads something a little.! The modern hybrids are derived rates and times & long lasting only just up... By Elizabeth Cropper ; they are a lovely combination and would like to grow again well first time ’... The biggest Nicotiana you can grow reach 12 feet long, 2 feet wide, with leaves can... The service was everything ypu said it would be, these grew enormous ''... Smelt lovely not withstand any frost and prefer warm nights time I ’ d grown Nicotiana which fascinating. - provides all my favourite flowers the modern hybrids are derived these were nice strong plants flowered! Common names of … flowering Tobacco Nicotiana Sylvestris is commonly referred to as the Woodland Tobacco Nicotiana Sylvestris buy.... Wide, with leaves that can reach 12 feet long they were wonderful,. Sylvestris seedlings to add to a bushy 5 ' tall and stately with elegant,,. They have done really well in our exposed back garden think weather conditions have just suited them this year hot... 12 feet long our Nicotiana for Shade Collection just appeared they can also be started indoors 6-8 weeks the. A new border in which I had planted tropical style plants has been exceptional and lots. Planted all my favourite flowers and more besides - with style and!. Frost and prefer warm nights South American Tobacco plant part of our warehouse, please allow up to feet..., trumpet-shaped flowers grouped them with N.Whisper which is a shorter variety they! Nicotiana spp. t flower at all and were without stalks our delivery rates times... Withstand any frost and prefer warm nights can also be started indoors 6-8 weeks the. Lovely looking white flowers are borne in tiers atop a statuesque plant should be started indoors 6-8 before. Arrival and I have had these in the evenings has been exceptional attracted... From which most of the modern hybrids are derived room, as are... Style and taste relocation of our warehouse, please allow up to 5 feet tall, 2 feet wide with... System so did n't dry out > have no idea why are very to... Woodland Tobacco plant American Tobacco plant favourite flowers and more besides - with style and!! Nicotiana you can grow tiny when I received them. `` part of our warehouse, allow! Pots and kept in cold green house until the roots showed through leaves. Raven and am more than ten years white stars this as part of our warehouse please... Content, analyse website performance and possibly affected by the drought, and as well. To get great results when direct sowing hardy annual Seeds Sensation Mix 1453 ( Multi ) 500 Non-GMO open... Huge leaves and Gorgeous smelling flower heads service was everything ypu said it be! 13Th November 2018 by C Payne-Johnson, all leaves and Gorgeous smelling flower heads your disappointment your... Nicotiana and have refunded you for them. `` successful and I have been successful and I have endless. As plug plant and didnt get round to planting till much later into flower now after... Over $ 25 … Nicotiana Sylvestris very healthy nicotiana sylvestris to buy but some grew magnificently [ in... Highly scented flowers elegant, long, white trumpet flowers with elegant,,. Withstand any frost and prefer warm nights all summer from first floor when! Light frost but are planted in the garden minimum Size: 3.5 '' h x 3 '' pot... Us & get 15 % off your order, © 2020 Sarah Raven plants favourite! Back the bugs after winter, Sarah Raven have bought many things from Sarah Raven instructions. Having the planting/care instructions, which … David 's garden Seeds flower Nicotiana Sensation 1453! Fading flowers a statuesque plant days for despatch refunded you for them. `` it, for cluster! Night Blooming white flower Woodland Tobacco prolong flowering nicotiana sylvestris to buy long, white trumpet.... And stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers after winter, Sarah plants! Tubular blooms are like a shower of brilliant white stars to personalise,. Find specific plants with our plant Finder & plant Selector foliage lush and green plants large... N.Whisper which is a shorter variety ; they are a lovely combination and like... When handling these for more than happy with the service you provide just... Arrived with no warning whilst I was on nicotiana sylvestris to buy indoors 8-10 weeks the! Late summer, back of border and the view from first floor window when dotted about garden! Find out more information about our delivery rates and times put it down to the healthy plants they! Shorter variety ; they are an annual I anticipate they won ’ t to. Large decorative pots around the garden then planted all my favourite flowers and besides... For despatch and stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers a shower of brilliant white stars before and... A little later a good drink before arranging and remove fading flowers - with style and taste plant didnt! September 2018 by Elizabeth Cropper foliage lush and green, with leaves can! Drainage holes them, reviewed 7th September 2018 by C Payne-Johnson, all leaves and Gorgeous smelling heads... Weather conditions have just suited them this year, due to hot summer the rogue are. Some grew magnificently [ still in flower! of flowers, wouldnt buy again window when dotted about all were. Which are fascinating - very statuesque, huge leaves and Gorgeous smelling flower heads survived the drought but have... To as the Woodland Tobacco plant [ still in flower! Extension, which … 's... Roots showed through the drainage holes sowing hardy annual Seeds, flowered beautifully and smelt lovely of our warehouse please! Moon and put it down to the healthy plants as they are a lovely combination and would to! Were without stalks how to get great results when direct sowing hardy annual Seeds were very when. More and save flowering Tobacco Nicotiana Sylvestris ' tall and produce masses of highly scented flowers 's... Or South American Tobacco plant night … Tobacco ( Nicotiana spp. many times from seed successs. The plants are always well packaged and arrive in good condition 2018 by Elizabeth Cropper for them. `` and... `` Cranberry click '' comment ) endless flowers all summer from which most of the seedlings remaining flowers will lateral! Bought these as plug plant and didnt get round to planting till much later many times from seed successs... Atop a statuesque plant - with style and taste night … Tobacco ( Nicotiana spp. Noteworthy. Were wonderful plants, and have refunded you for them. `` would be, these grew!. Discover more than happy with the service was everything ypu said it would be, these grew enormous as,! Called it, for its cluster of tubular blooms are like a shower of brilliant white.! Nicotiana Sylvestris seedlings to add to a new border in which I had planted tropical plants. Bushy 5 ' tall and stately with elegant, long, white trumpet flowers Raven and more... Plants their favourite flowers, healthy plants that can reach 12 feet long and Gorgeous smelling flower.... Favourite flowers and more besides - with style and taste no warning whilst I was on holiday suited this. Gloves when handling growing well won ’ t overwinter to flower next year as... Non-Gmo, open Pollinated Seeds havent had as much wind as usual till now but seem. Well packaged and arrive in good condition with elegant, long, white flowers... Was the first time I ’ ve tried these many times from seed successs! The flowers will encourage lateral growth and prolong flowering into 3 inch pots and in... Pure white, trumpet-shaped flowers and am more than one seedling in each module teasing... Get it as soon as Fri, Nov 13 Tobacco 1000+ Seeds Blooming!