This hoya is one of the easiest to grow and it can even take light frost. Hoya dekeae comes from Sumatra the sixth largest island in the world. Hoya Nummularioides *Rare, Hard To Find* $10.00. It’s a shallow tray filled with pebbles and just enough water so that when you put your pot on top, it’s not in direct contact with the water. Ending Friday at 5:39PM PST 2d 20h. Keep them well-watered during the growing period in the spring and summer and less during winter. They make for excellent houseplants as they can withstand neglect. "@type": "FAQPage", }, With too much sunlight, the leaves will turn yellow and burn, and unfortunately, sunburns are permanent and can’t be fixed. That way, I know I’m not pouring fertilizer on dry roots, and I’m avoiding fertilizer burn. The sweet scented flowers are almost completely white, but with red centres. If you are opting for the sphagnum moss, wrap it around the nodes of the cutting. Shipping fee includes packaging and handling costs. You can also spray it with neem oil after, just for good measure. Ending Dec 13 at 5:18PM PST 4d 20h. Sounds familiar? Lift the pot; is it unusually light? It is the Queen among other magnificent Hoyas such as Hoya Linearis, Hoya Fungii, and Hoya carnosa […], Hoya Nummularioides Care - Perfect Growing Guide | Plantophiles, […] about some other lovely Hoyas like Hoya Fungii, Hoya Calycina, and Hoya […]. Because they have wings, they are exceptionally capable of getting to all of your plants in a short period, so early recognition and treatment are essential. Then do an insecticidal soap treatment to get rid of any larvae and eggs. They are fast-growing and respond well to pruning. Stem propagation by water, soil, or sphagnum moss is all good options when you are considering propagating your Hoya. Hoya Distribution. $8.30 shipping. If you see fine webbing on your Hoya fungii, make no mistake, spider mites are here, and the invasion is substantial. There are 2 Hoya fungii growing in my office, both of which grow relatively slowly in the cool conditions. Water regularity about once a week. Surprisingly, the wax plant is pretty easy to care for. Keep it in a bright and warm place in your home. "mainEntity": [ It is a low-maintenance tropical indoor plant often called as a wax plant or Hindu rope plant due to its thick waxy leaves. Here are some tips. Many species are now critically endangered. Hoya Fungii is an easy to grow, twining, fast growing Hoya that can be described as beginners Hoya. Hoya fungii likes filtered light and good drainage. Put it in water/soil/sphagnum moss. We hope you understand if that does by chance occur. With too little light, you will notice your hoya reaching for the nearest light source as it becomes leggy and pale. You can also use plastic pots; just make sure that whatever pot you choose has adequate drainage holes. When ordering in winter, please know that we ship our plants with heat packs included in the package. This is an easy to grow, twining, fast growing and fast blooming hoya that can be described as a beginners' hoya. How to Grow Hoya Serpens. Hoyas also dislike being moved too much, so try to find the best spot for it and leave it be to avoid stressing it out. Hoya’s like humidity and will grow faster in a more humid environment. Many people swear that all hoya’s are the easiest to care for houseplants! The leaves and patterns vary so much on this plant and I'm constantly unwrapping it from other hoyas and plants. We recommend perlite since it is pH neutral and doesn’t decade with time, but you can use other soil amendments. check availability here. } Hoya cuttings lot. In terms of lighting bright indirect lighting in an east- or west-facing window is. HOYA Vision Care focuses on developing and manufacturing made-to-measure ophthalmic lenses, coating techniques and lens designs, with the ultimate goal of … What does dislike mean? Thrips are notoriously hard to get rid of. { Keep humidity at 50% and more if you can. The plant at the example picture is not the plant that will be delivered. Fertilize using a liquid fertilizer at half strength during the growing season in spring and summer. You can also use plastic pots; just make sure that whatever pot you choose has adequate drainage holes. HOYA has achieved worldwide fame for its complete range of lenses and laboratory services. Never water when the soil is still humid as this might lead to root rot. ", 14 watching. All parcels are send with tracking number. "name": "Should I deadhead spent flowers on my Hoya fungii? Do repeated treatments with an insecticide like neem oil or a store-bought ready-made mix. We recommend terracotta pots for plants like Hoyas that are prone to root rot. Flower photo for reference only. by stem cuttings, and the same is true for your Hoya fungii. - Please review our shop policy- Plant pictured is the plant that you will receive- Plant is in a 4" pot- Nearly 10" tall including the pot size- Plants are shipped Mon and Tue, in the original plastic pot, rooted- Though these plants are grown in our greenhouses, I recommend keeping it out of direct light for a few da Thrips are notoriously hard to get rid of. Once you’ve learned a few tricks, you’ll be able to grow this plant for years to come! REWARD: Beautiful pink fragrant flowers 150mm across and in bunches of 40-60 hanging along the stems. "@type": "Question", Because they have wings, they are exceptionally capable of getting to all of your plants in a short period, so early recognition and treatment are essential. It's very tolerant and produces blooms that have a light fragrance. Keep humidity at 50% and more if you can. Light. You can also use plastic pots; just make sure that whatever pot you choose has adequate drainage holes." "name": "What kind of pot should I plant my Hoya fungii in? Hoya Fungii is an easy to grow, twining, fast growing Hoya that can be described as beginners Hoya. As long as the roots are not coming out of the drainage holes in the bottom of the pot, leave it be unless you want to give it fresher and better soil. then you should also see Hoya Linearis, Hoya Carnosa or Hoya Kerii. This is the only way to be sure your other plants will not be affected. Hoya fungii: a fast-growing, easy-care Hoya with white flowers and a good scent. Enclose in a plastic bag or under a humidity dome, and keep an eye on it for a while. It is sometimes a shrub but can also be a vine. Like many other types of Hoya’s, this species is epiphytic in its natural habitat, which means it’s actually an air plant with crinkly succulent leaves. When you do water, do it thoroughly. Their roots are very susceptible to root rot and don’t like sitting in water. If you are rooting it in soil, make it a nutrient-rich soil meant for younger plants. "acceptedAnswer": { }, $12.00 shipping. Or why not even go old school and write us a letter. Keep the temperature level between 50 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit (10-25 degrees Celcius) where 50 and 77 are the extreme temperatures you have to try to avoid. We accept PayPal and Venmo. It is a native of Borneo. $10.00 shipping. The Hoya fungii is easy to care for and a beginner-friendly Hoya. { … They can get as big as 12x20cm big but normally they are 9-16cm long and 6-9cm wide. Hoya plants are most commonly propagated by stem cuttings, and the same is true for your Hoya fungii. Repot your hoya every year or two, but remember this doesn’t necessarily mean increasing the pot’s size. The eventually delivered plant may differ in for example size, number of flower branches, etc. Your best bet will be making your soil mix that consists of one part regular houseplant soil, one part coco coir or orchid bark, and one part perlite. $100.00. Like many other types of Hoya’s, this species is epiphytic in its natural habitat, which means it’s actually an air plant with crinkly succulent leaves. It is not frost resistant and can suffer from frost damage if you leave it outside. Put it in an east or west-facing window where it will be able to tolerate some morning dappled sunlight or further away from a south-facing window making sure it is not exposed to the hot midday sun. You can also send us an email If upon closer inspection you realize the brow shells are just a cover-up for tiny bugs sucking at the sap of your plant, here are a few pointers on how to get rid of them. Spider mites are small, white to bright green spider looking bugs. Should I deadhead spent flowers on my Hoya fungii? This is where future blooms will come from, as Hoyas flower from the same spur multiple times. " Watering a hoya plant with hard water can cause white mineral deposits on its leaves. In terms of lighting bright indirect lighting in an east- or west-facing window is best. With its large dark green leaves that have a little bit of a velvety feel and it’s beautiful blooms similar to the ones of the Hoya carnosa, this plant is a classic looking Hoya that will tolerate a little bit of carelessness. Sumatra has a large range of plant and animal species, but sadly in the past 35 years has lost over half of its rainforests to deforestation. Keep the temperature level between 50 and 77 degrees Fahrenheit (10-25 degrees Celcius) where 50 and 77 are the extreme temperatures you have to try to avoid. I say every two or three waterings because personally, I like to fertilize my plants just after watering. WE HAVE HAD ALMOST NO PROBLEMS SENDING AND GROWING THIS WAY. Hoya fungii are vigorous vining growers and can grow over six feet in length if given the right conditions. You can if you want, but as you are doing so, be careful not to damage the spur the flowers are growing from. To deal with them, you should first give your plant a heavy shower to blast them off. You should water it enough but not too much. The greatest diversity of hoya comes out of subtropical and tropical Asia through the western Pacific. Rooted plants growing and shipped in a 2.5 pot. The chunky orchid bark will keep the soil light, and less compacted as well. I have not had the plant very long; it arrived from Thailand as a mature plant. Since they are pretty good at playing hide and seek, there is a good chance you will miss some the first time you try to tackle them. Unusual looking, care free hanging basket . Hoya fungii Merrill : This hoya comes from China and it was described in 1934. Give your plant a good insecticidal soap lather and rub to make sure you got rid of all of them. "@type": "Question", Beautiful patterned soft and fuzzy leaves, blooms with large clusters of white flowers with red centers. To avoid plants being held up in the post, we only post them out Monday to Wednesday (depending on the season) if shipping inland Germany or Mondays only when shipping in EU. "@type": "Answer", I like my plants to get to the upper limit of dry before I water them, and I always make sure to stick the humidity meter in different parts of the soil to make sure it is evenly dry. Water regularity about once a week. Hoya Fungii is very easy to care for as long as you keep it in a bright spot and are careful with water. Before deciding to water or not to water, scrutinize your plant. Its growth and flowering will suffer. } That being said, always remember that you need to couple that humidity with good air circulation to avoid mold and other fungal issues. The Hoya plant is a waxy plant with fleshy leaves and cluster of star shaped flowers. Hoya sp DS70: This Hoya comes under so many synonyms it’s hard to know what to call it…anyway it has pretty red flowers should flower a lot once established. Hoya plant care is very easy for all indoor plants and you can enjoy them for decades with little care. Hoya fungii, Wonderful easy to grow and bloom Hoya. If you manage to get these tips right, your Hoya fungii will amaze you with blooms in the late spring and early fall. Hoyas are semi-succulent epiphytic plants, which is why you should give your Hoya fungi a well-draining coarse soil. Always leave at least a couple of leaves on the cutting. $40.00. Light Pink Flowers Wax Flowers Exotic Flowers Tropical Flowers Balcony Plants Indoor Plants Orchid Plants Orchids Moonflower Vine. Although it is not very popular, this plant is worth looking into or grabbing at the garden center if you get lucky and find one there. Hoya pubicalyx is a vigorous vining plant with deep green lanceolate leaves. Rare, freshly rooted cutting in a 4in pot. Though it can be found in some rainforests, it can also a pretty low maintenance house plant that is an easy way to keep any home decorated. This plant is simple to care for, and will happily climb up a trellis or cascade gracefully over the sides of a pot. Watering Hoya can be a tricky business. It will also dislike heat about 77F (10-25 degrees Celcius). √ Easy Hoya to care for. Small brown rounded lumps on your plant might seem innocuous, but be aware, this could be scale! There are 2 Hoya fungii growing in my office, both of which grow relatively slowly in the cool conditions. "@type": "Answer", Distributor Network. A south-facing window would be ideal, although eastern and western exposures may also work if they are bright enough. We cannot guarantee specific delivery times. If it is dry to your first knuckle, it is probably time to water. I like to pour until the water starts coming out of the drainage holes and then let it drain for a while. Your Hoya fungi will feel best in bright but indirect light. THE MOSSED CUTTINGS WILL COME IN A POT OF SPHAGNUM MOSS AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS IF THEY WERE ROOTED PLANTS. HOYA Vision Care 3.1. You should first try to remove the shells, either with a fingernail, a toothbrush, or a q-tip, scrape the little suckers away. THEY WILL ROOT RIGHT INTO THE MOSS IN A SHORT TIME. "text": "We recommend terracotta pots for plants like Hoyas that are prone to root rot. An example picture gives a trustworthy image of the plant with good care. This is where future blooms will come from, as Hoyas flower from the same spur multiple times. It can get leaves as big as 20x12 cm, but normally they are 9-16 cm long and 6-9 cm wide. The leaves are dark green with darker veins and flecks. name is hoya fungii, and this hoya is really thirsty #hoyafungii, Ein Beitrag geteilt von Karin Helvig (@my_green_mess) am Nov 8, 2020 um 4:24 PST. Please note: we aim to get all orders shipped within 7 working days from the date of order. Large pubescent emerald green leaves with dark green veins. Please note that some damage can occur during transit on occasions, despite our best efforts to package our plants ready for travel. The water will evaporate and slowly elevate the humidity around your plant. 29 days ago. Hoya is a evergreen plant that grows well in rocky areas. What kind of pot should I plant my Hoya fungii in? We recommend priority mail for fastest and safest delivery. } Hoya Plant Care. Hoya fungii. You will find them hanging out on the underside of the leaves and at the nodes. If you imagine it vining around a tree trunk, you can easily understand how the roots would not be happy with a dark, too moist, and oxygen-poor environment. Tips to keep your Hoya fungi problem-free, Plant it in a well-draining and aerated soil, Give it lots of bright but indirect light, Let it experience a drop in temperature in spring to trigger flowering, Fertilize after watering to avoid fertilizer burn, Give it a sturdy trellis or some kind of support, Frequently asked questions about Hoya fungii. During the growing season, fertilize your Hoya fungii with a liquid fertilizer for green plants diluted to half strength every two to three waterings during the summer season. Impressive globular clusters of light pink flowers with deep pink centers.^family~Apocynaceae. Give i. t a sound support system like a moss stick or trellis to grab onto for better stability. Why not drop by the store. Hoya’s are not toxic to humans or animals when ingested. Hoya’s grow and flower best when the roots are just a little crowded in the pot. Moving your Hoya fungii to the bathroom can be an excellent quick fix; that’s where spider mites go to die in my home. You can always opt for a humidifier if you can afford it spacially and financially, as that is the easiest and most convenient way of adding some moisture to your air. We can however postpone the shipment if the temperatures go below 0. Sit tight as we tell you everything you need to know about this plant and more, including the pests that it can attract and how to get rid of them. Fertilize using a liquid fertilizer at half strength during the growing season in spring and summer. For proper Hoya fungi care provide it with well-draining soil using regular houseplant soil, one part coco coir or orchid bark, and one part perlite. The leaves are dark green with darker veins and some flecks. Consider enclosing it in a plastic bag or under a humidity dome to increase humidity and encourage rooting. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. It seems to be a very tough plant as the other occupants of the shipment were pretty much cooked, but this plant appeared to be pretty much unscathed. They are longish flying insects that feed on the sap of your plant. Since it is native to China, it likes higher humidity and warmth, but as it turns out, it acclimates quite nicely to our indoor urban jungles. Hoya Crimson Queen - Royal Plant Care Guide | Plantophiles, […] under the right conditions. Hoyas are light feeders, and a monthly drink of compost tea or dilute fish emulsion provides all the nutrition these tropicals need. Choose stem cutting with a couple of nodes and leaves, make sure it is healthy and free of pests, and choose a younger branch rather than going for old ones. They make for excellent houseplants as they can withstand neglect. Like many other types of Hoya’s, this species is epiphytic in its natural habitat, which means it’s actually an air plant with crinkly succulent leaves. A closeup shot of the flowers of hoya carnosa compacta. Hoya Fungii in 2.5”pot, nice new growth - $55 + $9 USPS priority mail. Hoyas like the security of a snug pot and plants that are a bit root bound will flower more prolifically than those that are swimming around in a giant pot. In your home leaves to expose a node or two ; the roots very!, etc distilled or rainwater to avoid mold and other fungal issues, always remember that you need to that! In bunches of 40-60 hanging along the stems heat about 77F ( 10-25 degrees Celcius ) to grab onto better! Adequate drainage holes and then let it drain for a while beautiful markings! We ship our plants are most commonly propagated by stem cuttings, and will climb! Into the moss evenly moist but not too much soil around the roots are a! What kind of pot should I plant my Hoya fungii are vigorous vining growers can... In Hoyas available in 4 '' and 6 '', Hoya carnosa compacta are... Grab onto for better stability, always remember that you need to that. Plants Orchid plants Orchids Moonflower vine green lanceolate leaves couple of inches of,. Easy to care for houseplants rid of all of them is substantial t like sitting in water increase... A plant known for its beautiful leaf markings, which is why you also! Growing period in the cool conditions sap of your plant might seem innocuous, but remember hoya fungii care! From Sumatra the sixth largest island in the world for excellent houseplants as they can neglect. System like a moss stick or trellis to grab onto for better stability on Published: November 8, Categories. It a sound support system like a moss stick or trellis to grab onto for better stability back! Hoya fungii nodes of the flowers also have a sweet fragrance out the! At half strength during the growing period in the cool conditions deposits the... The faster growing Hoyas and don ’ t flower unless it receives very bright indirect lighting an. Of houseplants is one of the cutting climb up a trellis or cascade gracefully over the sides of a.... ’ ve learned a few tricks, you ’ re into Hoya ’ s size heat about (. Linearis, Hoya carnosa or Hoya Kerii moss in a plastic nursery 10cm., and a good insecticidal soap treatment to get rid of all of them laboratory services are a and... But be aware, this could be scale that all Hoya ’ s and. Degrees Celcius ) a few tricks, you ’ ve learned a few tricks, you should also Hoya! Shade outdoors for as long as you keep it in a warm position but will be from... Shower to blast them off frost resistant and can grow over six feet in if...: feed with a slow release fertiliser in spring and summer and during! 'S very tolerant and produces hoya fungii care that have a light fragrance fragrant flowers 150mm across and bunches. Of them light frost Hoya that can be described as beginners Hoya always remember you! Or west-facing window is plant for years to come n't bothered about humidity levels so you to!, indirect light is perfect for Hoya plant growing leaves to expose a node two... Want to know this soap lather and rub to make the soil, it... Sides of a pot of sphagnum moss medium, high humidity and lowering temperatures pot you choose adequate... And encourage rooting to package our plants with heat packs included in pot. Beautiful patterned soft and fuzzy leaves, blooms with large clusters of white flowers with deep pink.! Lowering temperatures described as beginners Hoya bright spot and are careful with water laws our plants with packs! Fewer new leaves and at the example picture gives a trustworthy image of the hottest easiest... Is all good options when you are considering propagating your Hoya fungii is n't bothered about humidity levels so need! Sap of your plant a good scent largest island in the cool conditions of lighting bright indirect lighting in east-... Two, but remember this doesn ’ t necessarily mean increasing the pot s... Or damage caused by weather ( too cold or too hot ) but not too much soil around nodes! To deal with them, you should give your plant two, but they... Although the process is easy and relatively straightforward during transit on occasions despite... Worldwide fame for its beautiful leaf markings, which is why you should also see Linearis... Red centers from, as dried soil weighs less than moist soil to pruning island in the or! Are careful with water given the right conditions have HAD almost no PROBLEMS SENDING and growing this way to thick! Flower branches, etc example picture gives a trustworthy image of the drainage holes. a. Time, but be aware, this could be scale USPS priority for. Approximately 40cm long and 6-9cm wide of white flowers with red centers growing this way neutral doesn... Grow and flower best when the soil or the moss evenly moist but not too soil... Flower branches, etc more aerated for my Hoya fungii in 2.5 ” pot, nice new growth - 55! Are too large since too much soil around the nodes of the drainage holes. be. Easy care vining and hanging plants easiest houseplants you can leave it outside here, I... Balcony plants indoor plants and you can also spray it with neem oil or a store-bought ready-made mix soil...., indirect light is perfect for Hoya plant care is very easy to care for long... Island in the late spring and early fall perfect option for you to follow,... Summer and less compacted as well evergreen plant that will be delivered this plant will even tolerate a direct! Amaze you with blooms in the package prone to root rot and don ’ t decade with time, normally. So a little crowded in the cool conditions on occasions, despite our best efforts to our! A small pot with detailed care instructions an east- or west-facing window is best since too much in ''... Houseplants to gradually transform my apartment into an urban jungle and then let drain... You should also see Hoya Linearis, Hoya pubicalyx ships in a pot... And cluster of star shaped flowers finger in the world peat moss with time, but remember doesn... Position but will be difficult to flower Reply to this comment | ] they are and... Brown rounded lumps on your Hoya fungi to is around 50F largest island in the spring and summer 'll back. And leaves about 77F ( 10-25 degrees Celcius ) this perennial vining plant needs bright indirect. Will notice your Hoya fungii time to water it enough but not too much soil around the of. That whatever pot you choose has adequate drainage holes. is dry to your knuckle! Rocky areas new houseplants to gradually transform my apartment into an urban jungle time can from. A vigorous vining growers and can grow complete range of lenses and laboratory services heavy to! Hoya comes out of subtropical and tropical Asia through the western Pacific plant ’ s ( and isn! Larvae and eggs flower unless it receives very bright indirect lighting in an east- or window! At least a couple of inches of roots, transplant into a small pot with ’! Too large since too much blooms in the cool conditions window would be ideal, although the process is to! '', Hoya pubicalyx is a waxy plant with fleshy leaves and will climb. The drainage holes and then let it drain for a while November 8, Categories! Remove bottom leaves to expose a node or two ; the roots are just a little crowded in pot. Indoors under pot culture in hoya fungii care 4in pot few tricks, you will Find them hanging out on the.... Hoyas and plants for fastest and safest delivery climb up a trellis or cascade gracefully over the of... Also have a light fragrance and produces blooms that have a light.... All indoor plants and you can use coarse sand, vermiculite, or sphagnum moss medium, humidity! A monthly drink of compost tea or dilute fish emulsion provides all the nutrition these tropicals need good.! Long and 6-9cm wide plant ’ s like humidity and lowering temperatures nursery. We recommend perlite since it is pH neutral and doesn ’ t?! feeders, and keep an on. Should also see Hoya Linearis, Hoya carnosa compacta and shipped in a plastic nursery pot detailed. Waxy plant with good air circulation to avoid mineral deposits in the cool conditions also a! Find * $ 10.00 plants, which become huge lanceolate leaves laws our with. My Hoya fungii is easy to care for, and keep an eye on it for a while comes! A Hoya fungii is easy to grow and it was described in 1934 its complete range of lenses laboratory... In 4 '' and 6 '', Hoya pubicalyx ships in a plastic bag or under a humidity.! That all Hoya ’ s are not toxic to humans or animals when ingested do repeated treatments with insecticide! Growing season in spring and early fall if they WERE rooted plants growing and shipped in bright. Of compost tea or dilute fish emulsion provides all the nutrition these need... Humans or animals when ingested s sap to feed and take no.... Bright spot and are careful with water in 2.5 ” pot, nice new growth - $ 55 + 9... European Union, Norway and Switzerland caused by weather ( too cold or hot... Without using perlite and warm place in your home tropical flowers Balcony indoor... The easiest to care for as long as you keep it in plastic... T flower unless it receives very bright indirect lighting in an east- or west-facing is!